Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Ed Schilling Leaving, Mike Roberts Arriving

14 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm still pissed at the Pitinos for how they stole Johnson in the first place. If memory serves, Rick's top assistant left at Louisville. In a chat with his bratty son, little Richard suggested Kenny Johnson. ... For Richie -- a B1G coach -- to suggest that his dad poach from another B1G school's staff just reeked of tampering. ... Not sure how the NCAA would define tampering, but that sure seemed like it to me. Little Richie purposefully led to the weakening of a fellow conference's coaching staff. Pretty sleazy stuff if you ask me. 

Unless little Pitino was actively recruiting or contacting a coach for another program, I'd guess there would be no violations.  To the bigger point though, the Pitinos are sleazeballs (IMO).

We always think of programs like uk when discussing histories of dirty behavior (rightfully so), but minnesota basketball is also bathed in a long history of dirt (brawling, garbage under Dutcher & Haskins for example).

As far as some of the names being mentioned, are any of them known to be strong offensively-minded coaches?

I'm not sure how I'll feel if it's Johnson or Buckley because they are connected to the mostly underwhelming FCTC regime.   It would be a personal issue for me to move past that thought and it has nothing to do with their respective qualifications for the job.  We old people can get pretty set in our ways and feelings.

Honestly based on the criteria listed, none of the guys being mentioned do anything for me. Lewis is pretty meh and I don’t think he would move the needle at all in recruiting. I want no part of anyone that was on Crean’s staff. That just turns me off for some reason. I did see someone mention Tony Barbee and that would be a good hire IMO. We need recruiting more than anything else if you ask me. The better talent you get, the more teams figure it out. Better talent usually equates to better development as well.

1 minute ago, VO5 said:

Honestly based on the criteria listed, none of the guys being mentioned do anything for me. Lewis is pretty meh and I don’t think he would move the needle at all in recruiting. I want no part of anyone that was on Crean’s staff. That just turns me off for some reason. I did see someone mention Tony Barbee and that would be a good hire IMO. We need recruiting more than anything else if you ask me. The better talent you get, the more teams figure it out. Better talent usually equates to better development as well.

Drew Adams is an excellent, excellent recruiter.

36 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Drew Adams is an excellent, excellent recruiter.

Hadn’t seen his name listed until now and I don’t know much about him. I’ll take your word for it though 

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Are you ranking your choices, or ranking the probability of the names out there getting the gig? 

I deleted that because I was off. I can't resubmit it right now

Just now, Stuhoo said:

I’m looking for a really smart guy, one who has SERIOUS IU ties, and one who’s been at a very successful D1 program.

It’d be nice if we got some big man development knowledge too.

Dang your serving it up on a silver platter

15 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I’m looking for a really smart guy, one who has SERIOUS IU ties, and one who’s been at a very successful D1 program.

It’d be nice if we got some big man development knowledge too.

Maybe we can get someone from that final four team to come back to be an assistant.

Hint, hint, hint

"TBA Coach" helped center "Y" earn conference honors three times in his career and finish eighth all-time in scoring with 1,460 points and fourth in rebounds with 878 caroms. "Y" was the league’s dominant post player during his final two years, including ranking 11th in NCAA Division I in field goal percentage in 2015-16 (61.6%).