Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Ed Schilling Leaving, Mike Roberts Arriving

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan0302 said:

Some people were mentioning Michael Lewis . I loved Michael Lewis as a player but just don’t feel he fits the criteria of a top recruiter & someone that has connections to multiple AAU programs .

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I would add him to the list myself, but don't feel like he's the guy. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan0302 said:

Kenny was exonerated of all charges! I agree I’m not sure the Iu Brass will allow that to happen .

He was exonerated? From criminal charges - sure. But he did what he did. From Rick Bozich's recent article:

Bowen Sr. also testified that he received $1,300 in cash from Johnson for rent for their residence at the Galt House. Bowen said that when he initially asked Johnson for the money the assistant coach was "flabbergasted," and said that after giving him the $1,300 Johnson told Bowen it would be a one-time deal. Johnson later accepted a job as an assistant coach at LaSalle University in Philadelphia, where he will begin his second season.

56 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

OK let's get the guesses going. I took this from Rabjohns but the new assistant is

40-60-year-old male

Has AAU ties

Been a CBB assistant for several years

Has IU ties

I have lots of guesses but I will wait to give them out. 

I was going to say Kevin Kuwik until you mentioned IU ties.

10 minutes ago, Hoosierfan0302 said:

In my personal opinion Lewis would be an underwhelming hire . Just doesn’t seem to fit the criteria of someone who is a top recruiter.

I'm all for a top recruiter, but would prefer a top coach: X's & O's, player development, etc. Of course IU needs more talented players, but I'd love to see them fully maximize the talent they have for the first time in a long time. Really weary of the under-performing string we're on. 

OK let's get the guesses going. I took this from Rabjohns but the new assistant is
40-60-year-old male
Has AAU ties
Been a CBB assistant for several years
Has IU ties

I have lots of guesses but I will wait to give them out. 

He never said the coaches age was 40-60 last night. He answered a question where the answer was 40-60 year old. The question wasn’t the age of the assistant coach

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

He never said the coaches age was 40-60 last night. He answered a question where the answer was 40-60 year old. The question wasn’t the age of the assistant coach

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Good catch, I didn't see it till it was late in the night so was trying to just catch up. So that can make Jeff Meyer eligible since I eliminated him at age 65

I'm still pissed at the Pitinos for how they stole Johnson in the first place. If memory serves, Rick's top assistant left at Louisville. In a chat with his bratty son, little Richard suggested Kenny Johnson. ... For Richie -- a B1G coach -- to suggest that his dad poach from another B1G school's staff just reeked of tampering. ... Not sure how the NCAA would define tampering, but that sure seemed like it to me. Little Richie purposefully led to the weakening of a fellow conference school's coaching staff. Pretty sleazy stuff if you ask me.