Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Ed Schilling Leaving, Mike Roberts Arriving

On 7/19/2019 at 11:50 AM, Alford Bailey said:

Lets say Calbert is the guy. Do we we have any idea about his recruiting abilities?

No clue on CC's recruiting ability, but I thought Schilling was a recruiting ace and that didn't pan out. 

Just now, Hardwood83 said:

No clue on CC's recruiting ability, but I thought Schilling was a recruiting ace and that didn't pan out. 

Seems to me from what I have heard is that Schilling knew a lot of people. Which is great to get in the door but he wasn’t the guy to close the deal. So once Archie and Ostrom met all the local king makers they didn’t really need schilling that much. 

Seems to me from what I have heard is that Schilling knew a lot of people. Which is great to get in the door but he wasn’t the guy to close the deal. So once Archie and Ostrom met all the local king makers they didn’t really need schilling that much. 

Definitely seems plausible with his lack of closing on anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Seems odd we haven’t filled this spot yet. 

I think now that July is over we will know in the next week or two. The camps just ended so I am not too surprised. It would just be too easy to negatively recruit against a new coach to send one out in July. “See how much they care about you? They sent a new coach who knows nothing about you.” Usually a new coach sticks with the head coach until they become familiar with the relationships built. They will definitely want one before the start of college football.

1 hour ago, MikeRoberts said:

Calbert is/was my favorite player of all time and would be thrilled if we got him but Fife, Lewis, Guyton and probably others would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Not sure who it’s gonna be, but Lewis just took a new job so it’s very unlikely it could be him.

IMO there is absolutely no way that Fife would leave the MSU first assistant job for a slot among many at IU.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not sure who it’s gonna be, but Lewis just took a new job so it’s very unlikely it could be him.

IMO there is absolutely no way that Fife would leave the MSU first assistant job for a slot among many at IU.

I’m grateful for what Fife did as a player.  But I don’t want anybody from MSU. We have enough problems with sexual assault at IU. 

Bad enough an Indiana school is giving those MSU scumbags a soft landing. 

Dwayne Stephens is probably Izzos right hand man. He has been with him the longest. Both fife and him might have the title Associate head coach but Stevens is #2

No reason Lewis couldn’t leave UCLA. Assistants leave for other roles all the time and there isn’t set time they need to stay. 1 month, 1 year, 10 years, nothing stopping him from leaving

3 hours ago, mdn82 said:

I think now that July is over we will know in the next week or two. The camps just ended so I am not too surprised. It would just be too easy to negatively recruit against a new coach to send one out in July. “See how much they care about you? They sent a new coach who knows nothing about you.” Usually a new coach sticks with the head coach until they become familiar with the relationships built. They will definitely want one before the start of college football.

Why you say this?