Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Ed Schilling Leaving, Mike Roberts Arriving

IF we could find someone with IU ties who was an incredibly successful college player; was a lotto NBA pick and long-time NBA veteran; had NBA and college front office experience; had assistant coaching experience in the NBA, with a  major college basketball tourney team, and in the NBA G-League; and is by all accounts a fantastic human being...
That'd be pretty darn sweet.

Keith Smart.....? (I don’t follow much on past players as coaches, but hasn’t he had a ton of NBA experience?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I'm pretty sure everyone will love one of the finalists for the job. He checks a lot of the boxes like previous assistant coaching experience, recruiting experience, knows Bloomington. My one question is will he and his family put in the time to be great in coaching as he did as a player. 

Any hints on the other finalists (those not named Cheaney)?  :)  

6 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I'm pretty sure everyone will love one of the finalists for the job. He checks a lot of the boxes like previous assistant coaching experience, recruiting experience, knows Bloomington. My one question is will he and his family put in the time to be great in coaching as he did as a player. 

Sounds like it's pretty obviously Dan Dakich

4 hours ago, InArchWeTrust said:

Calbert Cheaney or Jared Jeffries?  I'm going with Cheaney.

Romeo Langford.  Knows Bloomington, NBA experience (summer league count?).  Don't know if his family will let him put in the time.

Connected with Adidas to, so there is that.