Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Ed Schilling Leaving, Mike Roberts Arriving

Interesting reading.  I'm certainly not enamored with several of the names on the list, but it does make good food for thought and will certainly bring a lot of new discussion to btb.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-thirteen-names-for-the-assistant-coach-opening/?fbclid=IwAR0sYDUlbbqXXYt31duTYIeM3Vn9jk37ke40ca2KuquavKDCkg86g6fPpPw

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Interesting reading.  I'm certainly not enamored with several of the names on the list, but it does make good food for thought and will certainly bring a lot of new discussion to btb.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-thirteen-names-for-the-assistant-coach-opening/?fbclid=IwAR0sYDUlbbqXXYt31duTYIeM3Vn9jk37ke40ca2KuquavKDCkg86g6fPpPw

Kenny Johnson lol.  

I would think Miller is in no hurry to fill the spot unless there's a deadline I don't know of?

24 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I am not enamored either. No way Kenny Johnson is being looked at. Jason Delaney could be a good fit for his in-state connections but that is what they said about Schilling too. Hard time of the year to find an assistant. 

I think the list being 13 guys that 'could' be considered is different than a list of 13 that 'are;.  It's fun food for thought but not really likely to be accurate on the actual people being considered.  And a list that lists Kenny Johnson and Dane Fife as potential hires isn't accurate.  As they mention in the same article giving him as a possibility, his next job will be as a head coach.

On 7/7/2019 at 6:02 PM, brumdog45 said:

I think the list being 13 guys that 'could' be considered is different than a list of 13 that 'are;.  It's fun food for thought but not really likely to be accurate on the actual people being considered.  And a list that lists Kenny Johnson and Dane Fife as potential hires isn't accurate.  As they mention in the same article giving him as a possibility, his next job will be as a head coach.

this

Just now, Fkfootball1 said:

I’ve heard that Kuwik was like an Offensive Coordinator for Archie at Dayton. Maybe he’s the guy we need.

We need to replace Bruiser Flint too. I really dont think he does anything.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He’s in charge of the front court which I can’t exactly say is a huge problem at the moment. Considering how little help it got from the perimeter 

2 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Jim Shannon does a solid job but I wouldn’t call him a good “X and O” guy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Well #1. Your biased. #2. That is not from me, but an article several years ago quoting numerous HC's around the state. I would say their qualifications  outweigh yours lol.

Heard Bob Knight may be moving back to Bloomington. Maybe there’s a reason —lol. Can you imagine the Board meltdown/explosion if Archie picked Bob as the next assistant!  Epic.  (I THINK I am joking by the way)

Sadly I don’t think he is qualified anymore. He’s a shell of what he used to be

11 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Sadly I don’t think he is qualified anymore. He’s a shell of what he used to be

Just watching his manner of walking and his eyes during the last publicized visit, I agree. I recently lost my mother who had Alzheimer's. He appeared to have the same look. 

6 hours ago, Honkyman said:

IU needs a first rate recruiter with the ability to bring in players from outside the state.  We haven't signed a player outside of Indiana in two years. This team needs an upgrade in talent and it can't come from within the state alone.

If Ostrom can't do this, why is he on the staff?  Indiana needs a guy who understands and can sell what Indiana is.  Don't care if it's an IU guy or not, but it cannot be a Dayton retread or some guy the Miller's have known for a while.  This needs to be a smart hire...and if it were ME, I'd do everything I could to pry Michael Lewis back to Indiana, but that's one man's opinion.

9 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Arkansas fans told me they were glad Ostrom left. Drexel fans told me they are glad Flint left. It seems to me that these guys might not be too good.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

"Pssst...we hereby convene the secret society of the exalted order of Drexel and Arkansas basketball fans, in conjunction with the Bilderberg society, Infowars, and the Manson family. Let the meeting come to order! 

The first mandate of the exalted order will be the consumption of the ceremonial Chalupa Supreme...mmmmdelicious...Done!

Next will be the introduction of our new super secret knight of exalted coaching assessment. We shall not look this intelligentsia supersecretsource in the eyes, and we shall only refer to him as 'fkfbal-X'!!

Let the meeting begin."