Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
lucel15

Jalen Williams 2020 TE

1 hour ago, lucel15 said:

Took an official this past weekend. 6’7” and looks to be every bit of 6’7”. Needs to add weight as he’s listed at 200 I believe, but man he moves well. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Williams-46081808/

E26D5231-59AB-4557-9E08-F16BC1574808.png

B08D07CC-FDED-45B8-8C82-EB9BCEE049C2.png

Is he quick enough to move over to WR? I know Allen loves tall receivers. It would be quite a body transformation for him to bulk up to TE status. So tough to tell with kids this age. 

20 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Is he quick enough to move over to WR? I know Allen loves tall receivers. It would be quite a body transformation for him to bulk up to TE status. So tough to tell with kids this age. 

No I don’t think he has WR speed needed and I don’t think he cuts well enough to run routes like a college WR needs to have nowadays. I mean with what deboer runs....he typically has two TEs. One is a larger TE and another tall seam runner while the other blocks/shorter routes. Sometimes they will lineup outside or motion to slot. I don’t think he needs to be 6’7” 260. I think a good weight for him to be a top player and let’s just say draft prospect after wherever he decides to play college ball.....I think 225-240 range isn’t out of the question. Many upon many kids have enrolled at IU and put on healthy weight. He gets on the right plan and eating plan during end of season/off season wherever he enrolls he could be 220 by next spring or fall. The outlier in the whole adding weight to a nice frame is madison Norris.  I don’t know this kids make up maybe metabolism is out of this world.....wish I still had his like I did when I ran track and played football in college lol....adult life is rough on the body. Lol. 

27 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

And he doesn’t play WR on H.S.  sometimes he is in slot for mismatch situations in his film, but he does come off the line quite a bit so he’s a TE and being recruited by most colleges as a TE