Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mjtavier

(2021) SG Max Christie

Some post-game commentary on the win over Von Steuben and a different point total than what was tweeted above.

...Max, the 6-foot-6 superstar junior, after pouring in 37 points in what his coach Kevin Katovich called perhaps, "one of his best shooting games" this season.  Max Christie had 29 points in the first half, hitting 5 in a row in the second quarter as the Mustangs broke it open as he hit a pullup jumper, a 3 in transition, other pullup and a free throw, and after an "and-one" by his brother on a nice feed from Sobkowicz, added two more buckets off Von Steuben turnovers as the Christies combined for 14 straight Mustang points.

I watched a replay of Chrisie's 41-point game against John Hersey HS.  I scored him shooting 12-23 FG; 3-8 on 3s; 14-15 FT; 5 reb; 0 assists; 4 TO; 1 stl; 1 blk.

He's the primary ball handler for Rolling Meadows and many times, the ball never left his hands after he crossed mid-court.  He's very quick and obviously gets to the foul line frequently.  For some reason, he sat out 4 or 5 minutes of the 2nd Q.  He only had 1 foul so I'm not sure what the coach's thinking was as the game was close all night long.  He scored 11 pts. in the 1st Q; just 1 in the 2nd; 15 in the 3rd and 14 in the 4th.  This is the only game I've seen him play but I came away with the impression he's not overly interested in playing defense.   

In its last regular season game Rolling Meadows (20-8) gets a 60-56 win over Barrington.  Christie with 25 pts. surpasses the 1,700 career point mark.  He added 6 reb; 5 blks; 4 assts; 1 stl.   Post-game from his coach.  "He is really battling being sick," Rolling Meadows coach Kevin Katovich said of Christie. "Tonight he just showed why he is, in my opinion, the best player in the conference. He does so much. He rebounds, he sees the floor well. You saw that they were triple-teaming him and he still put up great numbers."

Next week in the opening round of state playoffs Rolling Meadows will face Maine West.

Named to the 2020 Chicago Sun-Times All Area Basketball Team

Max Christie, Rolling Meadows, 6-6, G, Jr.

Ranked in the top 15 in the country in the Class of 2021. Averaged 26 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assists and four blocks while shooting 65% from the field and 42% from three-point range. Led Mustangs to their first 20-win season in nearly 30 years.

Named to the 2020 Chicago Sun-Times All Area Basketball Team
Max Christie, Rolling Meadows, 6-6, G, Jr.
Ranked in the top 15 in the country in the Class of 2021. Averaged 26 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assists and four blocks while shooting 65% from the field and 42% from three-point range. Led Mustangs to their first 20-win season in nearly 30 years.

When does he continue the Chicago to Duke pipeline?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app