Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Ryan Fineman - Retired 07.28.20

Officially retired.

Per his Instagram account, Catcher Ryan Fineman (@Ryanfineman) has officially retired from baseball. After a 4-year career with #iubase, Ryan signed with the Tampa Bay Rays as an undrafted free agent in 2019. He collected 6 hits and 5 RBIs in one professional season.

"Playing baseball has been my life and passion since I was 5 years old," wrote Fineman. "It has brought me the greatest friends and experiences I could have ever asked for. I can't thank @IndianaBase & @RaysBaseball  for giving me some of the best years of my life."

"But most important I can't thank my family enough for investing so much time and money into my career."

From Pro Ball Hoosiers:  While Ryan's pro career was short, he will be best known to IU fans as a strong catcher & a team leader. All our best on your next inning, Ryan.