Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) PF Trey Kaufman to Purdue

I have been to some rocking games in the hall. Loudest ever I attended was the OSU game when we were both ranked in the top 5 in 92 or when the Big Dog decided to hang on the rim after a dunk and got tossed with his 2nd T. Listening to the TV last night it sounded like it rivaled that atmosphere. Awesome to have a big time recruit for us experience the atmosphere at its absolute best.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

That’s a great game for him to come to since he can promise him Brunks minutes. 

It would be even more awesomererer if we could promise him Brunk's minutes and the opportunity to earn a starting spot next to TJD.  TJD is a fantastic player but I'm not sure he's in the position he's in now without an older player in Brunk to help him a bit.  We need to maintain that continuity by landing some other big time players that will have the chance to play next to current big time players.

On 9/14/2019 at 5:15 PM, Stromboli said:

Trey in Bloomington this weekend

Was just reading back through this thread to get some more info on Kaufman. Wish I had seen this video when it was posted. Shows you a lot about the Joey Brunk we are seeing emerge now in conference play. Love how you can clearly see him get frustrated a couple times after allowing TK to get to the hoop on him. Ha. It’s such a casual pick-up setting, and he’s slamming the ball on the ground disappointed in himself on D. Love it. Big time effort guys don’t like to lose, no matter the game or setting. 

34 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Was just reading back through this thread to get some more info on Kaufman. Wish I had seen this video when it was posted. Shows you a lot about the Joey Brunk we are seeing emerge now in conference play. Love how you can clearly see him get frustrated a couple times after allowing TK to get to the hoop on him. Ha. It’s such a casual pick-up setting, and he’s slamming the ball on the ground disappointed in himself on D. Love it. Big time effort guys don’t like to lose, no matter the game or setting. 

I would love to see this happen again and see the difference 4 months of development makes for all of them.

2 hours ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Is it just me or does that video make it seem like Kaufman actually has more lift than TJD?

Silver Creek edges New Albany 69-64.  Kaufman 20 pts. on 7-11 FG; 2-4 on 3s; 4-6 FT; 7 reb; 2 assists; 1 TO; 1 steal; 1 block.  Kooper Jacobi added 9 pts. and 4 reb.   Not impressed with Silver Creek's effort tonight.  Gave up a lot of points in the paint and a huge stretch in the 3rd Q they seemed to forget they had a player named Kaufman on their team.  Be interesting to read the newspaper account of the game tomorrow morning. 

In the 2nd Q, Jacobi called for a technical for holding onto the rim after a dunk --  marginal call IMO.  Silver Creek coach then called for a technical for mocking applause of the call.  New Albany made 3 of the 4 technical free throws.

https://www.newsandtribune.com/sports/boys-basketball-dragons-win-nd-straight-over-bulldogs/article_f25bce92-3f25-11ea-a171-3300bd9dbb34.html

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Added newspaper link game write-up

Big game Saturday, Feb. 1, at 7:15.  Bloomington South (Anthony Leal) at Silver Creek.  Game will be streamed at:

https://www.ihsaatv.org/watch/bloomington-south-silver-creek-2020-boys-basketball-southern-indiana-sports-productions

Friday night Silver Creek dismantled Madison 91-60.  Kaufman with 36 points hit 14 of 20 shots overall and was 13 of 17 inside the 3-point arc.  Kooper Jacobi added 21pts. and connected on 9 of 14 shots and also grabbed 12 rebounds.  I imagine most of Silver Creek's starters sat the majority of the second half in anticipation of tonight's game as the score at halftime was 47-26.

REMINDER:  Huge game tonight with Bloomington South at Silver Creek.  Game to be streamed with a scheduled start of 7:15.

https://www.ihsaatv.org/watch/bloomington-south-silver-creek-2020-boys-basketball-southern-indiana-sports-productions

What a first half of basketball at Silver Creek.  Both teams playing at an exceptionally high level.  Silver Creek leading Bloomington South 41-40 at the half.  Kaufman with 16 pts. including 8-8 FT for SC.  Leal with 23 pts. and 4-7 on 3s.   Leal started out defensively helping guard Kaufman and picked up his 2nd foul with 5 min. left in the 2nd Q.  He stayed in with BS changing his defensive assignment and he avoided foul #3.  He's taken it right at Kaufman on several occasions and is 5-7 on 2s.

Holy crap.  Leal with a dagger 3 at the buzzer and South wins 69-66.  Silver Creek had control until Conner Hickman from South hit a 3 from the volleyball line to tie it at 66 and SC then turned it over with 30 sec. remaining and that set up the winner.  Both teams cooled off in the second half but it was a fantastic game to watch.  Leal finished with 25 pts on 10-21 FG; 4-9 on 3s; 1-2 FT; 8 reb; 2 asst; 1 TO.

Kaufman with 27 pts. on 8-13 FG; 0-3 on 3s; 11-12 FT; 2 reb; 1 TO; 1 blks.  Kooper Jacobi 18 pts.

16 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Holy crap.  Leal with a dagger 3 at the buzzer and South wins 69-66.  Silver Creek had control until Conner Hickman from South hit a 3 from the volleyball line to tie it at 66 and SC then turned it over with 30 sec. remaining and that set up the winner.  Both teams cooled off in the second half but it was a fantastic game to watch.  Leal finished with 25 pts on 10-21 FG; 4-9 on 3s; 1-2 FT; 8 reb; 2 asst; 1 TO.

Kaufman with 27 pts. on 8-13 FG; 0-3 on 3s; 11-12 FT; 2 reb; 1 TO; 1 blks.  Kooper Jacobi 18 pts.

This is the most I’ve gotten to watch of Kaufman. Interesting kid. Clever, little bit of an old man game. Reminds me of Kyle Anderson when he was at UCLA, but a better athlete. Would think he’d be a handful playing the pinch post in a spread system, but that game would play anywhere. They kept saying he’s 6’9”. Anyone know if that’s true? Didn’t look quite that big to me.

30 minutes ago, Demo said:

This is the most I’ve gotten to watch of Kaufman. Interesting kid. Clever, little bit of an old man game. Reminds me of Kyle Anderson when he was at UCLA, but a better athlete. Would think he’d be a handful playing the pinch post in a spread system, but that game would play anywhere. They kept saying he’s 6’9”. Anyone know if that’s true? Didn’t look quite that big to me.

Pretty sure he is 6'9"

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

That was lots of fun too bad sc didn't pull it out.  Free throws!   Im excited to get Leal next year.   Dude can shoot.