Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) PF Trey Kaufman to Purdue

Stock Risers -

Four-star junior Trey Kaufman scores 37 in scrimmage, Kentucky will see him this week

Quick update on four-star junior Trey Kaufman.

His AAU coach tells Stockrisers.com that Xavier had staff in last week. Current frosh, KyKy Tandy has ties to Kaufman’s AAU coach which is one of the pitches being used by that staff.

In addition, he says that Kaufman had 37 points in a scrimmage early last week and his season begins this upcoming week.

Kentucky’s Joel Justus will also be in for Kaufman this week. UK’s recruitment of the Indiana native begun over a month ago, then he visited for Big Blue Madness.

Gotta go with a Courier Journal misprint.

New & Tribune -

Class 3A’s top-ranked team opened the 2019-20 season in convincing fashion Wednesday night.

Fresh off winning the school’s first state championship in any sport, Silver Creek outscored visiting Columbus East 46-27 in the second half en route to a 75-40 win over the Olympians, which included a 36-point outburst from star junior Trey Kaufman.

The four-star forward, one of two returning starters who is fielding offers from Indiana, Purdue, Louisville, Xavier, Evansville, Indiana State and Wichita State, poured in 24 points in the second half – 15 in the fourth quarter – and added nine rebounds and four blocks.

Nevertheless, he knows he and the Dragons have a ways to go before reaching mid-season form. The 6-foot-9 Kaufman went 12-15 from 2-point range but just 2-8 from 3. Silver Creek shot 55 percent overall but just 37 percent from deep and 39 percent from the line.

“We really didn’t play good,” Kaufman said. “Coach said you have to be happy every time you win, which is true. But at the same time, I understand the criticism I have for myself, the way I played, and the team. … You can beat Columbus East by whatever we beat them by, but when it comes to the [challenging] teams we have coming up. … We can’t do that.”

“I have to shoot better. I have to shoot a lot better. A lot of shots I took normally fall. They didn’t today.”

Wednesday’s win marked the 12th straight for the Dragons (1-0) – ranked No. 1 in the preseason Class 3A Associated Press poll – dating back to last year’s historic run. Silver Creek is now 6-0 all-time versus the Olympians (0-1).

Dragons coach Brandon Hoffman, too, knows better days are ahead for the defending champs, who sport just one senior.

“I thought our energy was really good,” Hoffman said. “ … Our defense – 13 points in the first half, you don’t complain about that. But our guys know we could have improved in a lot of ways. Could have shot a lot better, obviously. Could have finished a little better. Could have shot free throws better. But at the same time, nobody is going to be ungrateful for a win.”

The Dragons got a strong all-around game from fellow junior forward Kooper Jacobi, who totaled eight points, eight rebounds, five assists and six steals. Jacobi after a strong summer has offers from Indiana State, Akron, IUPUI, Miami (Ohio), LaSalle and Bellarmine.

Guard Branden Northern had 16 points and five assists and Isaac Hinton added five points, six rebounds and three assists. The Dragons dominated the boards, 31-17, and had 18 assists on 30 made shots.

The hosts jumped out to a 17-5 lead more than midway through the first quarter before entering the halftime break up 29-13. The Dragons held the Olympians to 27 percent shooting and outrebounded them 17-7. Silver Creek assisted on eight of 12 first-half makes.

The lead ballooned to 36-15 to open the second half, and the Dragons led 50-38 after three quarters in wake of a Jacobi three-point play. Kaufman after a nine-point third quarter tallied 15 of the team’s 25 points in the fourth. He checked out with 3:18 showing.

“He wants to keep getting better,” Hoffman said. “I know he probably wants to get back in the gym tonight and get some shots up. That’s the kind of kid he is. He’s a perfectionist. He’s a competitor. You saw how special he is in the second half when he got going.”

Next up for the Dragons is a home matchup against Charlestown (0-1) on Tuesday. The Pirates, who suffered a 40-point loss to Silver Creek a season ago, dropped a 65-50 decision to New Washington Tuesday.

Juniors Kooper Jacobi and Trey Kaufman combined for 48 points and 25 rebounds to lead Class 3A No. 1 Silver Creek to an 80-38 Mid-Southern Conference win over visiting Charlestown on Tuesday night. 

Jacobi finished with game-highs in points (26) and rebounds (15) while also recording four assists and four steals. Kaufman added 22 points, 10 rebounds, two assists, two steals and two blocked shots. Sophomore point guard Branden Northern added 11 points and six assists while junior Isaac Hinton tallied 10 points and eight rebounds for the Dragons, who shot 57 percent for the game and outscored the Pirates 40-20 in the second half after leading 38-18 at halftime. 

Silver Creek (2-0, 1-0) continues MSC play at Clarksville at 7:30 p.m. Friday night, the same time that the Pirates (0-2, 0-1) host MSC foe Scottsburg. 

You can watch a replay of this game at:  https://www.ihsaatv.org/watch/charlestown-silver-creek-2019-basketball-southern-indiana-sports-productions

Lol. I actually know some of his family. Some are IU fans. Some are UofL fans. He will 100% attend one of those 2 schools. Purdue isn’t even on the radar.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’ve been led to believe it was between IU, Louisville and Kentucky.. that’s why I was surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Silver Creek on the road at Clarksville.  Don't have a final score (fairly certain Silver Creek won) but in three quarters tonight, Kaufman finished with 32 points and 12 rebounds.  Stanford with an assistant in attendance.  Hopefully have more details to add in the morning.

After his team’s loss to Floyd Central on Tuesday night, Clarksville coach Brian McEwen said Friday night’s foe, Silver Creek, was a "different animal." 

In the Dragons’ case Friday, Trey Kaufman was a beast. 

The 6-foot-9 junior forward tallied a game-high 32 points and snared 12 rebounds to lead Class 3A No. 1 Silver Creek to a 72-48 Mid-Southern Conference win over the host Generals. 

“The one thing that we really didn’t want them to do, and hoped they wouldn’t, and they hadn’t done a whole lot of, they did tonight,” Clarksville coach Brian McEwen said. “If Kaufman’s going to be within eight feet of the bucket, we’re in trouble. If he’s going to be 28 feet from the bucket we have a chance. And, he absolutely killed us from about eight feet from the bucket. He’s a really talented young man. And they’ve got other good guys around him. It was just a little too much for us. We had a very small window and they made it even smaller.”

Classmate Kooper Jacobi added a double-double (12 points, 10 rebounds) of his own while sophomore point guard Branden Northern scored 11 points and dished out seven assists for the Class 3A No. 1 Dragons (3-0, 2-0). 

“I thought we did a good job of doing what we talked about the last couple days — getting the ball inside,” Silver Creek coach Brandon Hoffman said. “We had an obvious size advantage inside. We had to pound it inside to Trey and pound it inside to Koop. We hit the offensive rebounds pretty good in the first half [too]. I was pleased with that, in terms of following the gameplan.”

The Dragons led 34-19 at halftime thanks to 12 points from Kaufman and eight from Jacobi. 

Silver Creek picked up the pace in the second half and increased its lead.  “When we got the game at a faster pace it was better for us,” Hoffman said. “We did the simple things, like running the floor and getting the ball up the court. I think we did that a lot better in the second half.” 

The Dragons’ advantage reached 20 (45-25) on Kaufman's one-handed slam late in the third quarter. 

“I think I just took advantage of mismatches,” Kaufman said. “They’re a smaller team, so I went to the post. When we play against a bigger team I’ll probably be more of a guard, just taking advantage of mismatches, that’s it.” 

In the Forum Tipoff Classic Silver Creek gets the win over Blackhawk Christian 78-74.  My unofficial scorecard had Kooper Jacobi with 36 pts. on 14-20 FG; 2-3 on 3s; 6-8 FT; 8 reb; 1 TO.  Trey Kaufman with 17 pts. on 5-8 FG; 1-3 on 3s; 4-6 FT; 6 reb; 1 TO; 3 stls.  Kaufman picked up his 4th foul with 7:00 left in the 3rd Q and sat out 3 min. before returning and playing the rest of the way. 

Trey Kaufman had a near-perfect shooting night to keep Silver Creek perfect this season.  The Class 3A No. 1 Dragons won for the second time in school history in Johnson Arena, defeating host Jeffersonville 53-52 Friday night.    Kaufman, a 6-foot-9 junior forward who went 8 for 10 from the field and 8 of 9 from the free throw line, finished with 25 points.

Kaufman helped slow down Jeff sophomore standout Will Lovings-Watts in crunch time. Lovings-Watts finished with 16 points and nine boards, but was held to three points in the fourth quarter.  "Kaufman can guard any position. Trey dominated the game," Hoffman said. "Offensively, he scored in the paint well [and] he shot well from the perimeter. He rebounded well and had his hands all over this game." 

Kooper Jacobi finished with 11 pts. on 4-12 FG; 7 reb.