Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2019) PG Austin Van Zyl

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

A good statement for a lot going on right 

But in this particular case, while it might be IU basketball looking bad IMO it's either a case of Van Zyl not getting an offer and lying about it or it's a case of where people those not in the program are accusing him of lying without knowledge.  Seems to me that while it looks bad, IU basketball isn't the source of the blame here.

Yep it is and he really did double down on that. I know Ken loves him but I haven’t seen much with consistency.  

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Bold move by him to be honest to call this kid a liar. Gotta wonder if somehow this story and the news this evening aren’t related in some fashion. Or it’s just a bizarre coincidence.

Speaking of which, has Ed been doing any Summer recruiting? I don’t think I’ve seen him in pictures or reported to be recruiting. Could very well be wrong on this.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Bold move by him to be honest to call this kid a liar. Gotta wonder if somehow this story and the news this evening aren’t related in some fashion. Or it’s just a bizarre coincidence.

Speaking of which, has Ed been doing any Summer recruiting? I don’t think I’ve seen him in pictures or reported to be recruiting. Could very well be wrong on this.

Could Ed have told this kid he had an offer after Archie said he wasn’t interested?  

30 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Where are you reading this?  I'm not seeing anything on Sam Story's twitter page.

That is not the kid saying that. That is CoachSS saying IU hasn't contacted or offered Van Zyl.

24 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I think he is referring to someone else saying that IU hadn't contacted Van Zyl or offer....believe he is saying that Sam Story said that.  I'm not finding anything that Story has tweeted about it, but The Daily Hoosier first reported that IU had offered Van Zyl and then put an update that said 'based on multiple conflicting sources, it is uncertain whether IU has actually issued a scholarship offer as claimed by the player in the official report'.

HSN Thread.

Saw that Huntington Prep's coach had tweeted congratulations to Austin Van Zyl and then 2020 power forward (#33 on 247) Jaemyn Brakefiled on their IU offers.  Van Zyl had stated he had an offer and three hours later Brakefield posted that he had.  Van Zyl briefly played at Huntington Prep before moving to France and Brakefield I believe is a senior at Huntington Prep this year.

Have no idea what that means.

Reading through the posts by Sam Story on the HSN message boards....while he may be correct and Van Zyl didn't receive an offer, I would take pretty much everything SS says with a grain of salt.  He said that he reached his conclusion on a "text I saw and a message board thread on another site".

Seriously, I would hope that an "insider" isn't relying on posts from a site for their information.  That's not what an insider does.

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Reading through the posts by Sam Story on the HSN message boards....while he may be correct and Van Zyl didn't receive an offer, I would take pretty much everything SS says with a grain of salt.  He said that he reached his conclusion on a "text I saw and a message board thread on another site".

Seriously, I would hope that an "insider" isn't relying on posts from a site for their information.  That's not what an insider does.

Still don't know much about the guy. Supposed AAU coach or something like that. Heard many refer to him as 'someone in the know' but haven't seen it. 

Chris007 have you heard anything about what’s going on with Van Zyle. This whole thing seems weird to just about everyone I think.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Pretty confident Ed Schilling is Chris’ source.

That would be fascinating hearing from Chris now.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Could Ed have told this kid he had an offer after Archie said he wasn’t interested?  

Remember David Williams?  Jacksonville high player in 2009 that was given an offer by an IU assistant without talking to Crean.  Williams accepted......the assistant who made the offer was fired and IU backed off.  I believe Roshown McLeod was the assistant.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2009/04/22/hoosiers-land-first-2010-commitment-jacksonvilles-david-williams/

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Remember David Williams?  Jacksonville high player in 2009 that was given an offer by an IU assistant without talking to Crean.  Williams accepted......the assistant who made the offer was fired and IU backed off.  I believe Roshown McLeod was the assistant.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2009/04/22/hoosiers-land-first-2010-commitment-jacksonvilles-david-williams/

Wasn’t that the same guy that was talking up Duke to a kid Duke was also recruiting. 

Crean sure did know how to hire lol