Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2019) PG Austin Van Zyl

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

IF is the operative word here.

Van Zyl did tweet on Monday that he had "great conversations" with Cincinnati and Vanderbilt.  I don't doubt at this point that there has been contact between these schools and Van Zyl.  We haven't heard anything in terms of offers, so who knows.

My thoughts on this kid, without commenting on his ability or our need, is he may be in a situation that causes more investigation by the NCAA about his eligibility. This coukd cause one of those late passesto be allowed to play.

Lol: Looks like he's narrowed it down to 1) Going straight to the NBA, or 2) seeing if the new coaches at Vandy, St. John's, UCLA, or Cinci have room.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Austin Van Zyl Retweeted
DeAnte' Mitchell @MitchellDeAnte 18 hours ago
Word is @pg_austinvanzyl meeting with NBA agents with strong European ties Thursday and Friday. Will also be deciding on which campus visits to take this weekend

Lol: Looks like he's narrowed it down to 1) Going straight to the NBA, or 2) seeing if the new coaches at Vandy, St. John's, UCLA, or Cinci have room. ________________________________________________________________________________________________   Austin Van Zyl Retweeted DeAnte' Mitchell‏ @MitchellDeAnte 18h18 hours ago Word is @pg_austinvanzyl meeting with NBA agents with strong European ties Thursday and Friday. Will also be deciding on which campus visits to take this weekend  

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Does anyone know if we are part of the campus visit equation?

And...I'm guessing his hope would be to get picked up as an undrafted free agent, seeing as the draft is tonight haha. I'm starting to wonder if this kid is even real...another Ivan Renko.

Archie's our coach and I respect his opinion and judgment but this one just doesn't feel right.  Can't cite anything specific just a sense that he won't be a good fit he he accepts the offer.   Wherever he goes, I think he's going to view it as nothing more than a stepping stone and what will his true level of commitment be to the program vs. commitment to his own stats.  Just an old man's ramblings.

Archie's our coach and I respect his opinion and judgment but this one just doesn't feel right.  Can't cite anything specific just a sense that he won't be a good fit he he accepts the offer.   Wherever he goes, I think he's going to view it as nothing more than a stepping stone and what will his true level of commitment be to the program vs. commitment to his own stats.  Just an old man's ramblings.
i would let it play out to see if he actually has an IU offer

Is there speculation that he's saying he's getting these offers as a way to stir up attention?

Haven’t seen any of the scouting services talk about it yet and not much being said about it in the Twitter college basketball world at least not by people I follow. Usually if there is an offer my timeline is filled with people retweeting and talking about it.