Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Poll to see who ends up a higher seed in the NCAA tournament.

The fire that is Memphis recruiting has been impressive. Will it yield them better results this quickly?

And how lucky is Kentucky? They strike out 5 times or so on top targets and still return potentially the best team in the country on paper.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Poll to see who ends up a higher seed in the NCAA tournament.

The fire that is Memphis recruiting has been impressive. Will it yield them better results this quickly?

And how lucky is Kentucky? They strike out 5 times or so on top targets and still return potentially the best team in the country on paper.

Memphis.

And as it relates to UK, our top target was their backup to a backup to a backup etc. I hate it but cheating or not, they get top talent that puts them in contention year in and year out

Memphis.

And as it relates to UK, our top target was their backup to a backup to a backup etc. I hate it but cheating or not, they get top talent that puts them in contention year in and year out

That is why my stream of consciousness led to me the UK thought.

I really hope Memphis flops like Vanderbilt but I bet they don’t. I’m thinking the end up a 3 or 4 seed.

That is why my stream of consciousness led to me the UK thought.

I really hope Memphis flops like Vanderbilt but I bet they don’t. I’m thinking the end up a 3 or 4 seed.

They are a WAY more talented and balanced team than Vanderbilt. Vanderbilt has 3 good players and their best player was hurt all year. Their supporting cast was god awful and lead them to a disastrous year.

Indiana had chances to hire Calipari in 2006 and 2008. Who cares that he’s a little shady? Going to Elite 8s, Final 4s, and winning an NCAA Championship, would alleviate your moral issues.

I’m not upset we didn’t hire calipari. However there are a bunch of coaches that have come up in this game since Knights firing that would have been awesome for us and we went 0-3 thus far and the jury is very much out on #4.

Memphis at a 5 seed, Indiana as a 10. Just a guess. I honestly dont know what kind of coach penny will be, but that is a whole lot of talent going to that team. It doesn't mean they will have team chemistry though

Many question marks surround the IU program, from the availability of Hunter, to the transformation of Green. I believe for IU to make the NCAA’s this season, the team must have light year jumps from Justin and Rob, and an injured reserve list far shorter than the previous seasons. Memphis, though young, will have less in the questionable side of the ledger to begin the season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

8 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Indiana had chances to hire Calipari in 2006 and 2008. Who cares that he’s a little shady? Going to Elite 8s, Final 4s, and winning an NCAA Championship, would alleviate your moral issues.

No, nothing will "alleviate moral issues" You may chose to over look them, but they don't disappear because of ill-gotten "success". 

Answer to question- Memphis. More talent in a weaker league. I'm not sold on Penny either, but he is stock-piling players and that will cover a lot of coaching. 

Not mine

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This moral high horse conundrum is always interesting to me.

Many of these kids are able to make money playing basketball but the NBA/NCAA have created this financial giant.

If we really want to be upset about something. Maybe we should aim the moral judgement to the University and NCAA that make millions and billions of dollars while not compensating the kids something outside of a scholarship many of them don’t want.

Track the dollars and find out who is really stuffing their pockets before we stand tall on our moral high horses.

This moral high horse conundrum is always interesting to me.

Many of these kids are able to make money playing basketball but the NBA/NCAA have created this financial giant.

If we really want to be upset about something. Maybe we should aim the moral judgement to the University and NCAA that make millions and billions of dollars while not compensating the kids something outside of a scholarship many of them don’t want.

Track the dollars and find out who is really stuffing their pockets before we stand tall on our moral high horses.

The NCAA exploitation of amateurism and cheating by abusing cover of a flawed system is all wrong. You can be against both and still in favor of the kids and their families. I’m against these coaches and programs cheating everyone.

I’m thinking more positive(if everyone is healthy)...Replace Romeo & Juwan with Hunter, TJD, Brunk and Franklin along with a healthy Deron and another year for Rob and Race I think we will be 2 or 3 games better and get a 10 seed.

50 minutes ago, Hoosier1984 said:

I’m thinking more positive(if everyone is healthy)...Replace Romeo & Juwan with Hunter, TJD, Brunk and Franklin along with a healthy Deron and another year for Rob and Race I think we will be 2 or 3 games better and get a 10 seed.

I would be ok with this, but gotta make the tourney. Of course that is sitting here in June, come Sept I reserve the right for my expectations to run away with me! But if IU misses the tourney again, I am off the Archie bus. I didn't agree to any 4-5 yr plan just to make the friggin NCAA's. That will be unacceptable. 

Memphis sucks.