Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aaron

IU Baseball: NCAA Tournament With Short Ride to Louisville

In a truly up in the air decision that breaks IU's way, our recruit who was drafted Ethan Vecrumba has declined to sign a contract to go pro and will attend IU which is really big. 

Still waiting on Dunham who is only drafted guy who has not officially announced either way. He is playing summer ball which is a good sign of him returning to IU but does not preclude him from signing in pro's before July deadline.  

6 minutes ago, Aaron said:

In a truly up in the air decision that breaks IU's way, our recruit who was drafted Ethan Vecrumba who was drafted has declined to sign a contract to go pro and will attend IU which is really big. 

Still waiting on Dunham who is only drafted guy who has not officially announced either way. He is playing summer ball which is a good sign of him returning to IU but does not preclude him from signing in pro's before July deadline.  

That's huge. Got offered a 500k+ signing bonus. Still waiting on another recruit Reese Sharp - drafted by the Giants in the 28th round. Would bet he comes to IU. 

10 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

That's huge. Got offered a 500k+ signing bonus. Still waiting on another recruit Reese Sharp - drafted by the Giants in the 28th round. Would bet he comes to IU. 

Oh yeah. Forgot about him as well. Two weeks of travelling has thrown my mind for a loop. 

Update: I guess Vecrumba was never drafted because he told the Braves he would attend IU and hopes to be a first round pick in future. Either way a huge fish to keep and love the confidence.

Still waiting on Sharp who was indeed drafted as you said.

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

I am completely flabbergasted that Michigan has a four-run lead on Texas Tech and is very, very, very close to reaching the CWS final ... I didn't see that coming. 

It's not who you're playing... it's how you're playing. 

33 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It's not who you're playing... it's how you're playing. 

Confidence in baseball is everything. When the entire team comes to bat knowing they own the guy in the mound, there’s nothing like it. The ball is twice as big, it’s always right over the plate and you’re always finding a gap. I don’t think Michigan is better than these teams from a talent perspective, but right now they obviously do and they are playing like it. 

Just now, KzooHoosier82 said:

Confidence in baseball is everything. When the entire team comes to bat knowing they own the guy in the mound, there’s nothing like it. The ball is twice as big, it’s always right over the plate and you’re always finding a gap. I don’t think Michigan is better than these teams from a talent perspective, but right now they obviously do and they are playing like it. 

Agree... and you talk about quality ABs.. UM has threatened nearly every inning in the post season. 

Just for a fun a look at our lineup and pitching staff for next year. Will admit I don't know much about the incoming players outside of Vecrumba being the freshman with the best chance to contribute probably followed by Sharp but I'm not really accounting for much else since it's all a bit of a guessing game. Also, have an impact grad transfer bat in Fucci. 

SP's:

Gabe Bierman (Friday)

Tommy Sommer (Saturday)

Reese Sharp (Sunday)

Key Relievers:

Connor Manous

Cal Krueger

Braden Scott

Grant Sloan

Lineup

Drew Ashley - 2B

Grant Richardson - OF

Cole Barr - OF

Elijah Dunham - OF

Ethan Vecrumba - OF

Jake Fucci - IB

Skrine - dH

Justin Walker - SS

Jeff Holtz/Hunter Combs - C

7 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Just for a fun a look at our lineup and pitching staff for next year. Will admit I don't know much about the incoming players outside of Vecrumba being the freshman with the best chance to contribute probably followed by Sharp but I'm not really accounting for much else since it's all a bit of a guessing game. Also, have an impact grad transfer bat in Fucci. 

SP's:

Gabe Bierman (Friday)

Tommy Sommer (Saturday)

Reese Sharp (Sunday)

Key Relievers:

Connor Manous

Cal Krueger

Braden Scott

Grant Sloan

Lineup

Drew Ashley - 2B

Grant Richardson - OF

Cole Barr - OF

Elijah Dunham - OF

Ethan Vecrumba - OF

Jake Fucci - IB

Justin Walker - SS

Cole Barr - 3B

Jeff Holtz/Hunter Combs - C

You've got Barr twice.. I think put Skrine as the DH and that's going to be pretty close to our lineup. I think Cooper Trinkle will challenge at SS and Combs will win the C. 

Also.. I think Vecrumba bats in the 2 hole. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You've got Barr twice.. I think put Skrine as the DH and that's going to be pretty close to our lineup. I think Cooper Trinkle will challenge at SS and Combs will win the C. 

Also.. I think Vecrumba bats in the 2 hole. 

Thanks, updated! I originally had Vecrumba 3. I could see that. 

Michigan is one win away from winning it all.

Some people I see on other boards seem to think Michigan winning it is bad for IU and that reeks of extreme jealousy. It reminds me of Butler fans feeling jealous of IU in basketball recently for absolutely no reason. 

We have established a great tradition in baseball last decade and as the saying goes 'a rising tide floats all boats" and this is nothing but good for the Big Ten. Now when Coach Mercer recruits he can say 'we are this close to winning it all and you can do it here at IU, since we beat Michigan for Big Ten Title by winning it at their place and you can win a national title in Big Ten'.

I certainly wish IU was the first team to break through given our success, but this will help us make it possible to do ourselves in the next decade. We truly had  an unprecedented last 10 years of success and our next 10 should only get better.

Also Michigan (along with OSU and Minnesota) is historically the most successful baseball teams in conference so in some ways its fair one of them wins it first since they have invested in the sport for 60 years. We have for 10 and pretty soon its going to pay off. In the meantime  congrats to Michigan for this run and it will only help IU and the Big Ten level the playing field in baseball.

As I will keep saying anyone who wants Vandy has zero concept of how college baseball works and how much a title for Michigan would lift the entire Big Ten.

I get we wanted IU first and we have certainly been best Big Ten team last 10 years but Michigan (along with OSU and Minny) was the best for the 50 years before that and the next best after us the last 10. We sucked prior to the previous 10 years.

A rising tide will float all boats and a title for the Big Ten gives IU a real shot at winning won next with the right coach now in place again. Trust me on this.