Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aaron

IU Baseball: NCAA Tournament With Short Ride to Louisville

I think Mercer is good. But this comes from letting Lemonis run the program and just the overall cloud around IU. Untill Glass is gone, don’t expect to be relevant in any sport.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I realize you are frustrated and venting but Baseball Swimming and especially Soccer certainly seem to be on good/great trajectories.

Football....lol. Never gonna happen.

Basketball.....it should have happened long ago. Not holding my breath.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Aaron, you have to pinch hit for Houston there right?!

I liked what I saw from coach Mercer from his interactions with the players. I was right behind the dugout and saw him explaining situations with batters who struck out.

Ill St. had some timely hits that just snuck through or over fielders. A few runs could have been prevented with better positioning though. Credit to them for hitting early and often while we swung to put it in PJCS.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I am traveling and camping around attending the games so I will be a little hard pressed to find much time on here. 

From what I saw of the press conference the players are not on the same page and calling each other out. I think some issues have been simmering all year and it shows what a great coach Mercer is that he brought the team together to win a Big Ten and get to the NCAA tourney yet again. When he gets what he fully wants in place IU should be really good. 

IU can talk about how they have a terrible approach at the plate and they do but to me the biggest problem continues to be Milto. He is just not an ace. He is a great number two pitcher but as I keep saying since Kyle Hart left IU has had a bunch of really solid guys and no true ace.

All IU needed to do was have Milto be decent, as it was obvious as soon Headrick left, Illinois State bullpen would implode and they did. Milto just yet again got us in such a hole, that even when we came charging back against the mediocre relievers who could not find the zone, we were to far back.

We get UIC tomorrow who we better be ready for as they gave UL a run for their money tonight before falling. In the complete opposite of today, UIC has a pretty good pen but their no. 2 starter (they burned their decent ace today) hardly strikes anyone out so that is a good thing for us.

We are far better than UIC and a little better than what will probably be a Headrick less ISU team again on Sunday this time if we win tomorrow. We have every chance to win next two games with Gordon and Saalfrank pitching, but we have to battle and get to some pretty mediocre pitchers and not crawl in a hole as UIC and ISU are capable but inferior.

Side note: IU got Louisville because they knew we could sell a ton more tickets then any other two seed there. Not complaining, but it all was economics. Attendance was 1,200 today (and in postseason that is exact number of tickets scanned through door) and it was 99% IU fans. Put any other two seed there including Indiana State and you draw maybe a quarter of that if you are lucky.