Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2020) PG - Nijel Pack to Kansas State

2 hours ago, Josh said:

As a collective, this board is overwhelmingly optimistic.  Disagreeing with that is untrue.

If the minority of posts disagree with your opinion and you label them as negative, then the problem might lie within you.

Just my 2 cents.  I hate it when the majority opinion complains about having to hear the minority opinion.

I never stated that the majority of posters or posts were negative. A collective is not the majority of posters. It is a percentage whether large or small. If you read the post that I was referring to, you will see that a recruit decided to attend somewhere else rather than IU. Because that recruit did not choose us, it was inferred that our program was "low". This negative opinion was completely unfounded based on the fact that he was never even seriously recruited. I don't have a problem with the negative opinions if there is foundation for it. 

10 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

I never stated that the majority of posters or posts were negative. A collective is not the majority of posters. It is a percentage whether large or small. If you read the post that I was referring to, you will see that a recruit decided to attend somewhere else rather than IU. Because that recruit did not choose us, it was inferred that our program was "low". This negative opinion was completely unfounded based on the fact that he was never even seriously recruited. I don't have a problem with the negative opinions if there is foundation for it. 

I never said that you said that.  I'm just saying that this board is overwhelmingly sunshine pumpers which makes it weird when they complain about the minority of posts.  That's all.

I never said that you said that.  I'm just saying that this board is overwhelmingly sunshine pumpers which makes it weird when they complain about the minority of posts.  That's all.

Just because someone that is more positive than you doesn’t make them a sunshine pumper either. For someone that doesn’t like being classified that way due to being more negative than others I would think you would understand that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

I would find it weirder if a person was overwhelmingly negative all the time on a free IU fan site and got mad and was offended when others were overwhelmingly positive. It seems weird to me when negative posters would expect it not to be positive on this site. Just my opinion

I feel like you and I are saying the same thing.  But who is the one getting offended in your scenario?

I've never seen anybody labelled as negative get offended by a positive post.  That's usually the opposite 

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

I feel like you and I are saying the same thing.  But who is the one getting offended in your scenario?

I've never seen anybody labelled as negative get offended by a positive post.  That's usually the opposite 

I got downright sick of Hoosierguys incessant sunshine I’ll admit

I’ve seen it a bunch from both sides.

People on both sides have been offended. I’ve seen people attack a negative poster for just being negatives d having a different outlook just as I’ve seen some negative posters getting annoyed with people posting positive outlooks. Been on here long enough to recognize when posters are frustrated with how a thread is going or about to go. A personal example would be when I’m posting recruiting updates on a recruit about IU being interested and the first post from someone after is a smart a$$ reply saying don’t know why IU is involved they are wasting their time and have 0 chance and how big a failure the program is. Those posters seemed annoyed at that thought of me trying to bring any positive info about the program that comes up. It’s like I shot their dog and ruined their day for even trying to look at things from a positive standpoint. Like you said we are saying the same thing I think the only difference is i see it happening on both sides of the argument. Middle ground between the 2 sides would be a place to start but that’s just not going happen on a message board especially with as passionate fan base as IU basketball brings. I’m sure you get annoyed of being called a negative poster for you frustrations of where your expectations for the program is just as I’m annoyed of being labeled a pumper of sunshine because of my views. Both can agree winning will bring the 2 sides closer to the middle

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

People on both sides have been offended. I’ve seen people attack a negative poster for just being negatives d having a different outlook just as I’ve seen some negative posters getting annoyed with people posting positive outlooks. Been on here long enough to recognize when posters are frustrated with how a thread is going or about to go. A personal example would be when I’m posting recruiting updates on a recruit about IU being interested and the first post from someone after is a smart a$$ reply saying don’t know why IU is involved they are wasting their time and have 0 chance and how big a failure the program is. Those posters seemed annoyed at that thought of me trying to bring any positive info about the program that comes up. It’s like I shot their dog and ruined their day for even trying to look at things from a positive standpoint. Like you said we are saying the same thing I think the only difference is i see it happening on both sides of the argument. Middle ground between the 2 sides would be a place to start but that’s just not going happen on a message board especially with as passionate fan base as IU basketball brings. I’m sure you get annoyed of being called a negative poster for you frustrations of where your expectations for the program is just as I’m annoyed of being labeled a pumper of sunshine because of my views. Both can agree winning will bring the 2 sides closer to the middle

Me too brother.  Great post.

Go Hoosiers.

Great post and insight. Unfortunately this doesn’t just apply to message boards. Intolerance of others’ views is pervasive throughout society. I guess we’re just a microcosm on this board..