Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

If diarra commits and lander reclassifies then, no Lander

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Could be proven wrong but I don’t Diarra is coming to IU and that’s the reason the staff presented Lander with the idea to reclassify. I also think the only way he would reclassify is to go to IU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Could be proven wrong but I don’t Diarra is coming to IU and that’s the reason the staff presented Lander with the idea to reclassify. I also think the only way he would reclassify is to go to IU.

I tend to fully agree with this. Like, 100%

Wouldn’t we want Lander more between the 2? If so, why would we make this pitch to our #1 target after our next target gives an indication he is going elsewhere.

Wouldn’t we want Lander more between the 2? If so, why would we make this pitch to our #1 target after our next target gives an indication he is going elsewhere.

Yes but this isn’t about wanting Lander more. Lander wasn’t considering a reclass until the IU staff presented it to him. He would never know why they decided to do it. That was just my guess because IU wanted a PG in the 2020 class. They didn’t land one that they liked so they turned to their top 2021 option to see if he would come early and potentially play with a couple of buddies that will already be on the team.

22 hours ago, mdn82 said:

IMG_2161.jpg

I have to say that it appears getting "love" from the fans of the schools he visits is important to him.  IF that's much of a factor in his decision, we should be in pretty good shape in that regard.  His tweets to UGA were met with pretty much nothing but pro-IU responses, LOTS of encouragement on his IU visit tweet, and the A&M tweet is probably 60/40 pro-IU.

I have to say that it appears getting "love" from the fans of the schools he visits is important to him.  IF that's much of a factor in his decision, we should be in pretty good shape in that regard.  His tweets to UGA were met with pretty much nothing but pro-IU responses, LOTS of encouragement on his IU visit tweet, and the A&M tweet is probably 60/40 pro-IU.

I jumped on Marquette board a few days ago to measure their temperature on the Garcia recruitment. Someone mentioned that IU fans respond so much to players’ tweets it’s creepy.

44 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

I jumped on Marquette board a few days ago to measure their temperature on the Garcia recruitment. Someone mentioned that IU fans respond so much to players’ tweets it’s creepy.

Creepy in a good way! That's a thing... right? :)