Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU offered today.  4- star 6' 2" 180 lb. from Putnam Science Academy in Putnam, CT.  Plays AAU ball on the NIKE circuit for the PSA Cardinals.  His overall rank by 247 is 99; 16th ranked PG.

Rivals

New England Recruiting Report

Hassan Diarra '20 (PG) - PSA Cardinals     Has IU Offer  
Date W/L Pts. FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks.
4/26 W 8 2 9 4 5 0 1 6 1 3 2 0
4/27 W 21 8 14 5 9 0 1 2 1 3 0 0
4/27 L 15 7 13 0 1 1 3 3 3 1 1 0
4/28 W 17 6 13 4 6 1 1 6 3 0 2 0
5/10 W 6 2 10 2 2 0 2 2 7 2 4 0
5/11 W 11 5 12 0 0 1 1 6 12 2 1 0
5/11 W 16 7 13 2 2 0 1 5 3 4 1 1
5/12 W 8 3 7 1 2 1 2 9 8 3 0 1
Avg   12.8 44%   67%   33%   5 5 2 1 0
# Gms 8                        

How is it Crean-Esque? This guy is pretty good and in the top 150. I haven’t seen us offering guys outside the top 200, let alone outside the realm of a D1 player like Crean did

It’s not the rankings. It’s the fact we don’t seem to hone in on and land targets.

2020 guards: Leal, Galloway, Love, Davis, Burnett, this guy, etc.

Are we trying to get Leal and Galloway? Are we hoping to get better players.

Just has a more and more haphazard feel to the amount of offers per position.

As your ability to land primary targets declines, the offer list expands.

Re:Crean

We haven’t got to the Priller stages of things, although if we use our remaining 2 ships in 2019 it would look an awful lot like Priller and April signings late after multiple strikeouts.

Much more of a resemblance than people care to see.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

How is it Crean-Esque? This guy is pretty good and in the top 150. I haven’t seen us offering guys outside the top 200, let alone outside the realm of a D1 player like Crean did

This kid could be a total stud and it wouldn’t take away from my feel about our recruiting.

We moved on from a sniper rifle approach to a pistol approach and now the shotgun is getting primed.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This kid could be a total stud and it wouldn’t take away from my feel about our recruiting.

We moved on from a sniper rifle approach to a pistol approach and now the shotgun is getting primed.

We’re not far from Revolutionary era musket volleys 

The staff is aiming where they think they should be aiming in order to get results on the court, which we haven't yet gotten. If you keep trying to land your wishlist recruits and ONLY them without proof of results on the court, that's a recipe for failure. Recruiting gets better if the team success is consistent (or you roll in the mud with the pigs). Given our current status, it's not wise to recruit a narrow spectrum.

The additional recruits aren't slouches. If this were Crean we're throwing a 2019 scholarship at the closest Tim Priller doppelganger we can find.

This kid is a 2020 top 100. Obviously Miller sees something he likes. You offer that. Right now, WE are unpredictable to recruits, so they will remain unpredictable to us. Never count on anyone to accept an offer.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You could be right, but the uptick in offers could simply stem from the Staff now knowing there will be more open scholarships for the 2020 class. Of course that in itself is an issue since we couldn’t close the 2019 class like we wanted.

15 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Re:Crean

We haven’t got to the Priller stages of things, although if we use our remaining 2 ships in 2019 it would look an awful lot like Priller and April signings late after multiple strikeouts.

Much more of a resemblance than people care to see.

Ummm.....that's a pretty big 'if' you placed.  You're saying IF Miller were to tie up scholarships on that would either be wasted for four years or bring in guys on nobody's radar that it would be 'Crean like'.  Seems like a pretty big IF and something that we know the opposite has happened.....Windham was obviously a guy that had more pedigree than some of the extreme reaches Crean made (Priller, April, Gelon) and he didn't offer him.

Miller is not going to land any top 100 players who come from outside of Indiana--including Hassan Diarra-- until the team starts winning. The impression of players and coaches outside of Indiana--and perhaps inside Indiana as well--is that Miller has yet to demonstrate he can coach at this level. The view on Miller changed as a result of this past season's play.  That's why there are still two open scholarships. As for Jake Windham, no offer was made--apparently because Miller wanted to focus on trying to land Anthony Harris and Lester Quinones. Now there are no players left of Windham's quality (ranked 284 by 247 Sports). If Miller wants to fill the 12th scholarship for the 2019-20 season, he is going to end up taking the same route that Crean took and bringing in someone no one has heard of.

Miller is not going to land any top 100 players who come from outside of Indiana--including Hassan Diarra-- until the team starts winning. The impression of players and coaches outside of Indiana--and perhaps inside Indiana as well--is that Miller has yet to demonstrate he can coach at this level. The view on Miller changed as a result of this past season's play.  That's why there are still two open scholarships. As for Jake Windham, no offer was made--apparently because Miller wanted to focus on trying to land Anthony Harris and Lester Quinones. Now there are no players left of Windham's quality (ranked 284 by 247 Sports). If Miller wants to fill the 12th scholarship for the 2019-20 season, he is going to end up taking the same route that Crean took and bringing in someone no one has heard of.

You can speak it into existence Bailey.. just keep trying.