Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

19/20 Squad = Class Balance

2 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

You will never, I repeat NEVER build a winning program if you toss aside coaches after 2 yrs if they don't deliver the high expectations by some. We as evidenced by our last 2 coaching searches already find it difficult to find a "so-called" top tier coach willing to put up with the 'results now, or else' overzealous fanbase. I'm so tired of hearing you complain about the drop off in recruiting. We are not a top program anymore and kids are not jumping at a chance to play for Indiana. I would say for what we are able to get at this time, it will take time for the program to blossom into a yearly contender. But, I guess if everyone had patience, this would be a damned boring forum.

Nobody is saying fire Archie after 2 years. Recognizing Archie is in troubled waters and not making excuses for him is not the same as calling for him to be fired  

And point of fact Kentucky fired a guy because he wasn’t the guy in year 2. And our golden goose just chose to go set on their bench rather than start for us. 

42 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Nobody is saying fire Archie after 2 years. Recognizing Archie is in troubled waters and not making excuses for him is not the same as calling for him to be fired  

And point of fact Kentucky fired a guy because he wasn’t the guy in year 2. And our golden goose just chose to go set on their bench rather than start for i

Underlying reasons why he was fired from pUKe. Wasn't truly on court performance but that was a contribution. That was used for media purposes. Too many nights out on the town, liquored up and making an @$$ of himself in public in front of the wrong alumni. Quite a bit if you know what I mean.

Underlying reasons why he was fired from pUKe. Wasn't truly on court performance but that was a contribution. That was used for media purposes. Too many nights out on the town, liquored up and making an @$$ of himself in public in front of the wrong alumni. Quite a bit if you know what I mean.

Here is a good one that goes into everything leading up to, during, and when they made the move to Teflon John.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/kentucky-wildcats-billy-gillispie-oral-history-021615/

Edit: Giving the link would have been helpful. Sorry about that guys.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Heard CAM is making the players room with different teammates each week throughout the summer as well as going on a retreat with no cell phones to build up the chemistry. This was music to my ears when I heard this...this could’ve been huge had this been done last summer....I’m assuming tho this is a result of the mess from last year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I saw a video of a lot of the players hanging out at the pool/bbq'ing over the weekend. Definitely the freshman (Franklin, TJD) as well as Davis and Hunter for sure. This stuff goes a long way in that chemistry you speak of. We might have had lots of talent in 2013 and 2016 but you could tell those teams were very close. 

All true but being close in the off-season is easy because playing time doesn’t divide players and create room for animosity.

Still a good idea to help teambuild.

Playing time also a little less of an issue if the team is winning for obvious reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners