Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

19/20 Squad = Class Balance

The one thing that helps him is the Achilles probably finally feels good. It’s a 12 month recovery for many. It definitely affected him last year as he struggled to get off the ground and move laterally. Should help his quickness inside with his post moves. I Hope so.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah, I just don’t see how it is humanly possible to gain 30lbs and the lose like 45lbs all in a 2 month time period.

That is essentially what would have needed to happen here for him to put it on post end of season/end of school year and then not only lose that weight but additional weight.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yep. If he did it he was holding a hell of a lot of water weight. At his size I could see a portion being that. But that’s a lot.

18 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Your losing weight not fat. Which means it’s not sustainable weight loss. Your body is basically using muscle for food instead of fat because it’s in starvation.  

But guess what happens as soon as you stop this routine.  Your body will hoard the food you eat and store it as fat

You say I’m wrong as if it’s my own research. This is literally conventional medical wisdom that you seem to think you have outsmarted.  Enjoy all your hard work trading muscle as fat and ending up the same weight  

My scale also measures body fat %, which has steadily dropped.

I also had a dexa scan before I started and one recently that showed my body fat % has dropped significantly.

In addition, I’m lifting weights most days and have lost almost no strength.  Of course you will lose some muscle whenever you cut but the majority has been fat.

You have absolutely no clue what you’re talking about.

OK I’m really done now.

3 hours ago, HoosierX said:

My scale also measures body fat %, which has steadily dropped.

I also had a dexa scan before I started and one recently that showed my body fat % has dropped significantly.

In addition, I’m lifting weights most days and have lost almost no strength.  Of course you will lose some muscle whenever you cut but the majority has been fat.

OK I’m really done now.

Guy on the internet convinced he’s smarter than doctors. Yep sounds like the internet. 

3 hours ago, HoosierX said:
My scale also measures body fat %, which has steadily dropped. I also had a dexa scan before I started and one recently that showed my body fat % has dropped significantly. In addition, I’m lifting weights most days and have lost almost no strength.  Of course you will lose some muscle whenever you cut but the majority has been fat.

OK I’m really done now.

Did you have osteoporosis or a fracture? If so sorry to hear that man. If you really had a doctor put you in one to check your body composition I would find another one. That’s dangerous. There are high levels of radiation to get a proper image since the purpose is to gather your bone density. It’s not a tool we used often at all at Parkview. More times than not we stuck to a MRI since the levels of radiation are high to get the level of images you are discussing.  

Edit: The only thing that really doesn’t take a ton of radiation is a specific bone scan in a specific location after a MRI shows a need to look further after a contrast injection. A body scan would need to have continuous radiation to pull the full image from the bones and show tissue. Wayne would be a good one to speak on radiation as a dentist. There is a reason dentists prefer bitewings over panoramic xrays. The bitewing looks a specific spot whereas the pan is a whole mouth scan. More radiation and a lot more room for error. That’s where I would think the body dunking test would be a better idea. If it was a one off thing you are good, but man that would scare the hell out of me.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Guy on the internet convinced he’s smarter than doctors. Yep sounds like the internet. 

Right, because if he finds something that all of his senses tell him is working, but the medical profession doesn't agree, he is obviously mistaken.

8 minutes ago, bigrod said:

Right, because if he finds something that all of his senses tell him is working, but the medical profession doesn't agree, he is obviously mistaken.

His body is eating muscle to survive just because he doesn’t sense it now doesn’t mean it’s not happening. If you have an addiction to a drug your senses tell you that the drug is helping. News flash it not. 

Your body eating muscle when you starve it is a fact and if you are working out all that means is your body eats other muscles to compensate. It’s one of the reasons people with eating disorders are at risk of heart attacks and can’t get transplants. 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

His body is eating muscle to survive just because he doesn’t sense it now doesn’t mean it’s not happening. If you have an addiction to a drug your senses tell you that the drug is helping. News flash it not. 

Your body eating muscle when you starve it is a fact and if you are working out all that means is your body eats other muscles to compensate. It’s one of the reasons people with eating disorders are at risk of heart attacks and can’t get transplants. 

I appreciate your news flashes. We are in awe of your vast knowledge on so many topics (along with your consistent condescending attitude). But tell me, why do so many studies show that HGH actually increases after 12-24 hours of fasting? Seems counter intuitive to a dummy like me that a body that is eating itself would produce HGH.

To those who suggested we could have a PG deficiency, let us remember that Green was considered a PG until he suddenly started making shots toward the end of last season. If indeed the game has finally slowed down for him the way it appeared in the last half dozen games or so, he might just be as good at the point as he is as the shooter. And Durham was recruited as a PG, remember that two years ago Archie made the comment early on in the season that he thought any discussion about PGs needed to include Al. So I'm not really worried if Rob gets in foul trouble that we can't find someone to handle the PG spot. And even if two of the three guards (I'm not including Anderson or Franklin here because I don't think either fits in a PG discussion) have to sit, we can still run a PG and a 1-2-2 or 1-3-1 set-up.

I truly believe we have seen the last of the 3-guard lineup for a while. Romeo's presence forced Archie to do that last year, but we have a greater supply of experienced and talented big guys than we've had since CAM arrived. I have no issue with 11 scholarship players since it's a very rare team that regularly rotates more than 9. That said, we have no room for another injury--prone season unless somehow Anderson grows into what we hope he can be or Franklin is a pleasant surprise. Or maybe a late grad transfer will show up on Archie's doorstep and add what Dakich did for Ohio State last year, although I'm not nursing any expectations on that score.

What I really hope happens is Hunter is healthy and that he and TJD can push Justin to the point that he has to get his act together on an everyday basis just to get a fair amount of playing time...because I could see his minutes cut in half (or more, especially if Race can score; we know he can play defense and rebound but we've heard hints he can be a deadly jump shooter when healthy). I also wonder if Archie will work Brunk and DeRon together in practice because there are times a twin-towers lineup can provide a difficult matchup. I recall last year he once said that Fitzner and DeRon had to be on the floor together out of necessity and that in practice they had not worked them that way. Which is odd to me since those two are very different types of players while Brunk and DeRon are more alike in terms of being under-the-basket types of players.

28 minutes ago, incrediboy said:

To those who suggested we could have a PG deficiency, let us remember that Green was considered a PG until he suddenly started making shots toward the end of last season. If indeed the game has finally slowed down for him the way it appeared in the last half dozen games or so, he might just be as good at the point as he is as the shooter. And Durham was recruited as a PG, remember that two years ago Archie made the comment early on in the season that he thought any discussion about PGs needed to include Al. So I'm not really worried if Rob gets in foul trouble that we can't find someone to handle the PG spot. And even if two of the three guards (I'm not including Anderson or Franklin here because I don't think either fits in a PG discussion) have to sit, we can still run a PG and a 1-2-2 or 1-3-1 set-up.

I truly believe we have seen the last of the 3-guard lineup for a while. Romeo's presence forced Archie to do that last year, but we have a greater supply of experienced and talented big guys than we've had since CAM arrived. I have no issue with 11 scholarship players since it's a very rare team that regularly rotates more than 9. That said, we have no room for another injury--prone season unless somehow Anderson grows into what we hope he can be or Franklin is a pleasant surprise. Or maybe a late grad transfer will show up on Archie's doorstep and add what Dakich did for Ohio State last year, although I'm not nursing any expectations on that score.

What I really hope happens is Hunter is healthy and that he and TJD can push Justin to the point that he has to get his act together on an everyday basis just to get a fair amount of playing time...because I could see his minutes cut in half (or more, especially if Race can score; we know he can play defense and rebound but we've heard hints he can be a deadly jump shooter when healthy). I also wonder if Archie will work Brunk and DeRon together in practice because there are times a twin-towers lineup can provide a difficult matchup. I recall last year he once said that Fitzner and DeRon had to be on the floor together out of necessity and that in practice they had not worked them that way. Which is odd to me since those two are very different types of players while Brunk and DeRon are more alike in terms of being under-the-basket types of players.

While technically true that Green was a PG in some people’s minds. He really was t one that anybody was happy with. 

And his skill set have always lended themselves better to a SG

14 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

While technically true that Green was a PG in some people’s minds. He really was t one that anybody was happy with. 

Nobody was happy with much of anything Devonte was doing before he finally turned it around late last season. He showed flashes of PG skills, he just hasn't been used in that role since his apparent awakening. While I think he's more valuable to us as a shooter, I wouldn't be afraid to put him back there now when necessary.

1 minute ago, incrediboy said:

Nobody was happy with much of anything Devonte was doing before he finally turned it around late last season. He showed flashes of PG skills, he just hasn't been used in that role since his apparent awakening. While I think he's more valuable to us as a shooter, I wouldn't be afraid to put him back there now when necessary.

His awakening?  

A) something similar happened at the end of 2018. Not convinced it is permanent.

B) you don’t think his improved play was a result of not being the PG?

He wasn't recruited as a PG, and I think he only ended up playing there out of necessity because of the bad options we had there after Yogi. I think some plays his freshman year made us think he could play PG, but that's clearly not his primary skill set. He has great court vision, and he's a playmaker, but he's not the type of player to control the game and run the offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

His awakening?  

A) something similar happened at the end of 2018. Not convinced it is permanent.

B) you don’t think his improved play was a result of not being the PG?

Personally I believe the light bulb went on in his head and the game itself slowed down for him mentally. Normally if that happens it occurs by the start of a player's junior year, but in his case, it took 25 games or so into that third season. I do not think it was in any way related to the position, I believe it was cogs falling into place and wheels turning as a result. We have seen him play a handful of excellent games but consistency had never been there. I even thought perhaps he had a touch of schizophrenia and could not focus properly. I do not recall him having a string of excellence at the end of 2018. He would have a good game or maybe a good half followed by a game or half where he was a turnover waiting to happen. Now I believe he could be equally adept at the point or as the shooting guard...but with Rob as our point man, our need is more for him to be the scorer. To summarize, I think the entire game of college basketball changed for him when his brain finally connected the dots, and I believe his senior year will be a very good one.

30 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I'm sorry, I don't see how people expect Green to suddenly figure it out.  He's shown flashes for 3 years and has never shown anything to make us think it'll last.  Hopes and dreams?

Yep his role should be to shoot. Something that I think he could do fairly consistently. Anything more is simply asking too much.