Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

19/20 Squad = Class Balance

That would be disappointing if true but find it hard to believe based on the numerous pictures that don’t show that.

I don’t think he is an nba guy but if he had a great and healthy senior year he could make some nice money overseas like hulls and a few others

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’m just relaying what I heard from someone that is VERY close to the basketball program. I will also say that the coaching staff is really liking Brunk and if the season started today, he’d be the starter over De’Ron...just needs a little “toughening up” to do.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’m just relaying what I heard from someone that is VERY close to the basketball program. I will also say that the coaching staff is really liking Brunk and if the season started today, he’d be the starter over De’Ron...just needs a little “toughening up” to do.

I appreciate it as I believe most do. Keep it coming. Just an ironic post since some pics were shared last week of him where everyone called out how slim he looked is all

I appreciate it as I believe most do. Keep it coming. Just an ironic post since some pics were shared last week of him where everyone called out how slim he looked is all

Picture from 30 minutes ago. Seems to be in good shape63360e4df3fbd0e012750e6d250f8fd5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jbell, appreciate the information, but it is inconistent with what else is out there.  IndyKev from HSN is a Cutter of some sort and gives reports of what he encounters in town.  On June 7 he posted:

"I saw DeRon walking yesterday ( counldnt get photo ). Appears to have lost a lot of weight, including his Kilroy Sports gut he was carrying around. He looked really good. We need a big season from him. I hope we finally get one in his last."

And then on June 12 he posted this:

"Update. I just talked with DeRon. Down 20 pounds. Dude looks skinny to last year DeRon. He said he is working hard to get it off and wants his last year to be a great one. 

The kid looked impressive. Best body I've seen him have here, in any year."

As others have noted we've got plenty of pictures, and De'Ron is looking good.  I hope everyone remembers that when Archie got here, De'Ron was the guy he seemed most jazzed about (and Devonte after that).  I have no doubt the staff is excited about Joey.  Having both guys playing well just helps this team immensely.  Would love to see the sophomores make some strides this year.  The only reason this roster has holes is because we don't trust the sophomores yet.  For me, the most fun "what-ifs" come from Jerome and Damezi.  I'd love to know what Damezi is doing this year to get up to speed.

I was just as surprised as everyone else when I heard it and thought the same thing. I didn’t ask questions tho...this could’ve been at end of May and he has since worked his way out of those lbs. I’m not gonna say who it was but this is coming from an IU athletes parent...who plays basketball. I would think they might know a little more than the average fan but maybe not.

32 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

I was just as surprised as everyone else when I heard it and thought the same thing. I didn’t ask questions tho...this could’ve been at end of May and he has since worked his way out of those lbs. I’m not gonna say who it was but this is coming from an IU athletes parent...who plays basketball. I would think they might know a little more than the average fan but maybe not.

There’s no healthy way to lose 30 pounds in a months or 2. Short of a surgery. 

35 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

There’s no healthy way to lose 30 pounds in a months or 2. Short of a surgery. 

That is untrue.  Losing 1 lb every two days is equivalent to burning 3,500 calories and consuming 1,750 a day - an amount that is considered healthy for dieting.

It requires a tremendous amount of discipline (mainly in terms of eating) but you can lose 30 pounds in 2 months.

7 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

That is untrue.  Losing 1 lb every two days is equivalent to burning 3,500 calories and consuming 1,750 a day - an amount that is considered healthy for dieting.

It requires a tremendous amount of discipline (mainly in terms of eating) but you can lose 30 pounds in 2 months.

My wife the doctor and all her friends who I consulted for advice when I started to lose weight disagree completely with this statement. 

Mostly from what I recall because of your body is having such a large deficit 50% for example that you cited. Causes it to go into starvation mode and is counter productive. 

Burning 3,500 calories a day is almost impossible. A marathon burns about 2,500 calories. Even if somebody is burning that many calories, there's no way they could do it eating at that kind of a deficit. They wouldn't have enough energy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

Burning 3,500 calories a day is almost impossible. A marathon burns about 2,500 calories. Even if somebody is burning that many calories, there's no way they could do it eating at that kind of a deficit. They wouldn't have enough energy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am literally doing this right now.  3,500 calories a day is not only possible, it's not that difficult. Your body is going to burn about 2k on it's own and you can get to 3,500 with about 15k steps throughout the day.  If I do enough cardio and walking in a day I can get 4k calories burned.

And if you eat the right foods, you can eat 1,700-1,800 calories while burning 3,500 and spend very little time being hungry.

24 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

My wife the doctor and all her friends who I consulted for advice when I started to lose weight disagree completely with this statement. 

Mostly from what I recall because of your body is having such a large deficit 50% for example that you cited. Causes it to go into starvation mode and is counter productive. 

Going into starvation mode is certainly something you need to be mindful of but it's not likely to happen at 1,700-1,800 calories.

Yeah, I just don’t see how it is humanly possible to gain 30lbs and the lose like 45lbs all in a 2 month time period.

That is essentially what would have needed to happen here for him to put it on post end of season/end of school year and then not only lose that weight but additional weight.

12 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

If your burning 3500 then yes it is. 

I've been doing it for 6 weeks by counting calories, tracking calories burned, and weighing myself daily and have had great results.  You can continue to argue with me, but as usual you don't know what you're talking about.

I'm sure no one cares about this argument so I'm going to stop there.

Heard some bad news about De’Ron. He left and went back home to Colorado and came back to Bloomington 30 lbs heavier after he had worked so hard to get back in shape. Needless to say, the coaching staff is not happy at all with him. This is a bad sign from our supposed senior leader for next season...has little self-control and he better shape up ASAP if he doesn’t want to become the first 4 year player in IU history to never make the tournament...but with stuff like that and the lack of leadership it shows, he may be destined for it. You can easily guess how he packed on all those pounds in a month...in Colorado. Not good.

I believe the pictures I've seen. 30 lbs in a month? Something fishy IMO. Not an attack on you or your post.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

I've been doing it for 6 weeks by counting calories, tracking calories burned, and weighing myself daily and have had great results.  You can continue to argue with me, but as usual you don't know what you're talking about.

I'm sure no one cares about this argument so I'm going to stop there.

Your losing weight not fat. Which means it’s not sustainable weight loss. Your body is basically using muscle for food instead of fat because it’s in starvation.  

But guess what happens as soon as you stop this routine.  Your body will hoard the food you eat and store it as fat

You say I’m wrong as if it’s my own research. This is literally conventional medical wisdom that you seem to think you have outsmarted.  Enjoy all your hard work trading muscle as fat and ending up the same weight