Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

19/20 Squad = Class Balance

We may very well have roster deficiencies next year, but this is not a thread about that.

Looks like we’re all but set for the coming season. For roster eligibility:

Four bigs: DDavis, senior; JBrunk, junior; RThompson, sophomore; and TJDavis, freshman.

Three wings: JSmith, junior; DAnderson, sophomore; and JHunter, freshman.

Four guards: DGreen, senior; ADurham, junior, RPhinisee, sophomore; and AFranklin, freshman.

I like that balance ALOT.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

We may very well have roster deficiencies next year, but this is not a thread about that.

Four bigs: DDavis, senior; JBrunk, junior; RThompson, sophomore; and TJDavis, freshman.

Four guards: DGreen, senior; ADurham, junior, RPhinisee, sophomore; and AFranklin, freshman.

PS: pull two from the first set, one from the second set, and two from the third set = lineup.

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Good class balance but a ton of question marks.

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Davis Davis Hunter Green Phinisee 

If...

...Hunter can actually get on the floor and the hype is real

...Everyone is healthy and in-shape

...Everyone has progressed during the off-season

That's a lowkey dangerous SQUAD 

20 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

I would have never dreamed that we wouldn't go find another point guard this offseason. Green has proven he is much better off the ball and yet either him or Durham will have to play that spot when RP sits.

That’s my concern. 

Plus with out wing situation being a giant ?  I kind would prefer to go with 3 guards. 

So if RP or Green sits Al slides over. And a wing takes his spot. If al sits a wing takes his spot. 

If Hunter works out to be as advertised then Al becomes 6th man. 

I'd like to see one more reliable wing/shooter.   I just don't trust Smith in that role, Anderson has a long way to go; and Hunter is an unknown, although I'd bet on him.    Perhaps Franklin can give minutes at the 3, but I don't see any of the other guards doing so.  I see a bunch of lineups where we go "very big" or "very small."    We don't really have many mid sized cars, do we?

2 hours ago, Old Friend said:

I'd like to see one more reliable wing/shooter.   I just don't trust Smith in that role, Anderson has a long way to go; and Hunter is an unknown, although I'd bet on him.    Perhaps Franklin can give minutes at the 3, but I don't see any of the other guards doing so.  I see a bunch of lineups where we go "very big" or "very small."    We don't really have many mid sized cars, do we?

Agree completely. Hunter, while seemingly talented, will be a RS freshmen coming off a serious condition, Damezi was completely lost last year, and in two years Smith hasn’t any ability to play the wing. I’m not sure why people think Smith can play the wing, unless he improves dramatically, which is possible I guess. 

The wing is the position that worries me most. 

Heard some bad news about De’Ron. He left and went back home to Colorado and came back to Bloomington 30 lbs heavier after he had worked so hard to get back in shape. Needless to say, the coaching staff is not happy at all with him. This is a bad sign from our supposed senior leader for next season...has little self-control and he better shape up ASAP if he doesn’t want to become the first 4 year player in IU history to never make the tournament...but with stuff like that and the lack of leadership it shows, he may be destined for it. You can easily guess how he packed on all those pounds in a month...in Colorado. Not good.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Heard some bad news about De’Ron. He left and went back home to Colorado and came back to Bloomington 30 lbs heavier after he had worked so hard to get back in shape. Needless to say, the coaching staff is not happy at all with him. This is a bad sign from our supposed senior leader for next season...has little self-control and he better shape up ASAP if he doesn’t want to become the first 4 year player in IU history to never make the tournament...but with stuff like that and the lack of leadership it shows, he may be destined for it. You can easily guess how he packed on all those pounds in a month...in Colorado. Not good.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He put on 30lbs since that pic of him and Brunk came out where he looked to super thin?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app