Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aaron

IU Baseball: Big Ten Tourney

Was afraid this might happen.

Given IU had nothing to play for seeding wise as a 2 seed in NCAA tournament, regardless of what happened in Omaha and was probably eliminated from hosting the second they lost series to Illinois (in spite of media hyping up hosting since) this 0-2 was possible. The combination of no seeding affect and a park that could not be worse for IU's power style probably did Hoosiers in. Hoosiers just needs to throw these games out and Mercer tends to fix major problems when they happen as they did here. 

Ironically this is the first time IU has gone win-less in Big Ten Tourney since 1993, but that's kind of meaningless in grander scheme of things but ironic it happened as one seed. Winning Big Ten Title in regular season means more and hopefully IU can tear it up in Regionals in a park more suited for their style of play.

I should be going if IU gets sent anywhere but Texas, Florida or West Coast in which case I may be back on here during NCAA tourney, but otherwise this really is my last in game posting despite saying that a few times already.  

2 hours ago, Gahoosierfan said:

Mercer sure didn't have them ready to play. 

I don't know, I mean they clearly they weren't sharp. Just think this team although good is quite flawed and beatable. Lots of swing and misses on offense. Some poor baserunning/sloppy errors at times and it seems like some of our best arms are starting to show wear and tear towards the end of the season. Can only hope a nice little break re-energizes/refocuses them.