Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aaron

IU Rutgers Baseball: BIG TEN CHAMPIONS

So proud of this team. After a slow start we rolled right over them and left no doubt. Also so nice to use small ball and it shows what Jeff Mercer wants his teams to be, but is smart enough to know this team was built on power and took what Lemonis did and made it better. Mercer is a winner and really bright days are ahead for this program and because he knows how to develop talent, unlike the previous staff, we are now pretty well set again for a solid season next year. Lemonis was good, but this program would of stalled out with him but now is ready to become the next Midwest power I think with Louisville.

As I sat at a completely full Bart during the final out I was choking up a bit. I know IU won titles in 13 and 14 but those were clinched on the road. To come from the Sembower days with almost no one there to a completely full house here in the new stadium is unbelievable and something I would of laughed at you if you told me this would of happened 20 years ago. After the dog pile to come over and have whole team tip their caps to the capacity crowd was special and so symbolic of everything that changed last dozen years and to me this completed the process.

I have been at many big wins for Soccer recently (both Elite 8 wins and Tourney Championship at Grand Park) but my child self knew I would see that someday given the eliteness of that program. My child self never thought I would see the baseball things I have last decade and its just stunning how this program has risen from the ashes and is truly more special to me then soccer for that reason.

19 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Mercer is better than Lemonis. I wasn’t upset to see him go.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Lol your posts on rivals regarding Mercer during the UT series say otherwise. 

Simply.

Awesome.

I know the start to the season was rough, but I was so glad we had a guy like Mercer leading this team so I was not worried about the team in the long run.  Not going to say I expected a Big Ten Title, but I was certain we'd be right in the mix.

We've seen some really good Indiana teams over the last 8-10 years.  It's nice to see this program bring home a Big Ten Title.  Well done, boys!