Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aaron

IU Rutgers Baseball: BIG TEN CHAMPIONS

Milto understandably struggles after a long delay giving up a couple singles but also a 6-4-3 double play ends the inning with no damage. 0-0 to Bottom 2. Also in a bit of bad but expected news, Illinois beat MSU 8-4 and Minny beat NW 5-4 in their first games so need a win to stay ahead of those teams. Neb and Mich tied 0-0 top 1.

4 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Not sure I like that idea. To me baseball is an outdoor game plus don't think Schwarber has that kind of money. A new indoor stadium or added roof would be 10's of millions of dollars. Schwarber does well but not that well. 

Turf is best option for our situation despite its disadvantages. 

Just kidding lol. A roof would be nice though

ugh Michigan just scored a run 

Ashley K's to end inning but IU leads 2-0 after 2. Also Michigan took a 1-0 lead on Nebraska in top 1 but could of been much worse as UM had 2nd and 3rd no outs before their starter but two k's and pop out to limit damage.

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Just kidding lol. A roof would be nice though

To give you an idea of the $$ involved; in my neck of the woods the USTA a few years ago put a roof on top of the previously built Arthur Ashe stadium for US Open tennis. It cost $150 Million. If IU is gonna spend that cash, build a real football stadium or a modern basketball fieldhouse in lieu of Assembly Hall.

Just now, LIHoosier said:

To give you an idea of the $$ involved; in my neck of the woods the USTA a few years ago put a roof on top of the previously built Arthur Ashe stadium for US Open tennis. It cost $150 Million. If IU is gonna spend that cash, build a real football stadium or a modern basketball fieldhouse in lieu of Assembly Hall.

A roof or a stadium?  My old company just got a quote for a comparable sized building with a roof and no interior columns and it was like 20 million for the entire thing. 

Important update. Neb UM playing double header tomorrow so will know by Saturday if Big Ten title in play which I kind of like. Also could be eliminated by first pitch tomorrow night if UM wins first two.

Milto no excuses. Leadoff double and single cuts lead in half than a 3 run HR to atrocious offense who hits almost none. This is what scares me. Milto has struggled lately and has not been a true ace. 4-2 Rutgers.