Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Beilein has agreed to a 5 year deal with the Cavs

I’m not saying it wouldn’t lead to that if they’re playing the game, but I’d give Penny some credit on him just being who he was probably does attract some kids but Juwan Howard doesn’t have that type of popularity. I feel like kids today don’t even really pay attention to the fab 5 past Webber and Rose

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Plus a lot of kids saw Penny during AAU. Not saying Juwan wouldn’t do good, but I am not sure he does as good as Penny. Penny being around AAU knew how to play for certain kids. He had those connections before being a coach.

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

Where did you see that about Stevens? I know he liked having his summers off for family reasons but your comment adds more to the idea he is staying in the NBA.

Sam Webb, Michigan Insider/247/radio host, talked about it on his radio show earlier this week. 

Juwan Howard would recruit well because Michigan has a great recruiting base. Michigan coaches even before Beilein have been especially successful recruiting in Detroit and throughout Michigan which have produced many very good players. They have also had success in Ohio, Chicago, and Northern Indiana. Michigan is a great brand. It is one of the few schools where the football and basketball programs are highly successful and respected.The question for Howard is the same as any former NBA player. Do they really want the lifestyle of a college coach? NBA coaches get some time off in the summer. College coaches rarely get any time off. The lifestyle is awful though you are the king of a small kingdom.

Ed Cooley is out. ... I always wonder in situations like this, when a coach "withdraws from consideration" -- did the interview not go well, and the school decides they weren't interested, so to save face, he says he's pulling out of the search. Or did he truly not feel comfortable with the school? ... Like when after Crean was fired and our search progressed, and it was became pretty clear Alford wasn't gonna get it, he goes on national TV and says he doesn't want the IU job. When you know you're not gonna get it, it makes it easier to say you don't want it! 

Either way, looks as if Juwan Howard is the front-runner now.