Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Beilein has agreed to a 5 year deal with the Cavs

I just hope that at some point, he doesn't say that it's not about the money. Because it HAS to be ... Michigan is a much better job than coaching the Cavaliers! 

This is awful timing for the Wolf pups. To be searching for a coach in the middle of May -- ish! 

I just don't get this move. Unless it's purely a money jump like Lamar said. Oy, that's just brutal. That's a loss for college basketball. But maybe he wanted out because he was tired of the horribly uneven playing ground.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Why would it be a money jump? The guy has made a ton of money. He’s in his mid60’s, it’s his last shot at the highest level most likely. He doesn’t has to deal with recruiting, FBI scandals, etc. , etc. 

And that makes sense. Surely was frustrated with the climate of college basketball. May as well try it at the highest level. I hope he does well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Why would it be a money jump? The guy has made a ton of money. He’s in his mid60’s, it’s his last shot at the highest level most likely. He doesn’t has to deal with recruiting, FBI scandals, etc. , etc. 

I think think thats the key. Now he doesnt have to go on recruiting trips and deal with all that stuff almost year round.

He would be one of the last names mentioned if you asked me to guess simply because his style fits the college game so well.  Then again, I said the same thing about Brad Stevens.  I hope Beilein succeeds there.

13 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I was thinking the same thing simply based on his age.