Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aaron

IU Michigan Baseball: Last Big Series of Year

Ugh Fineman bumped into the dugout last half inning trying to make a catch. In doing so he appeared to be hurt but stayed in. Then he tried to take his at bat and his back locked up (and he has had back issues all yr) from the earlier play.  Really bad news if he is out for a bit and it looks bad. That's honestly the most concerning thing today win or loss.

Ugh Fineman bumped into the dugout last half inning trying to make a catch. In doing so he appeared to be hurt but stayed in. Then he tried to take his at bat and his back locked up (and he has had back issues all yr) from the earlier play.  Really bad news if he is out for a bit and it looks bad. That's honestly the most concerning thing today win or loss.

That looked rough, both the attempted foul catch and the at bat. Hope he’s good to go after some treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

IU was 0-10 with 2 outs isn’t going to get it done.

Michigan did a lot of damage with 2 outs. Now has bases loaded with no outs. Rough inning for Sloan.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Indiana has chance to throw winning run out on Infield roller and makes a bad throw. Michigan wins.

Bad loss. Really had tons of chances to win that game but Michigan outhit and outpitched IU there. If IU could Win that game. They had a great shot to win the Big 10. Now IU has to sweep Rutgers and hope Nebraska takes 2 from Michigan.

What a disappointing end to a very successful weekend. The Fineman injury already hurt us as that throw home that scored winning run would of been 1st out as Fineman catches that. However, quite possible we lose on next play.

I think we need to put this in perspective. If you had told me going into the weekend we would win the series I would of been ecstatic. If you had told me we had a chance to win Sunday right till the end I would not of believed it. If we had lost yesterday and won today or had laid down early today I don't think anyone gets mad and says this is a successful weekend. Because Michigan handed us 3 runs and we stayed in the game with a chance to win it stings a little bit but heads should be held high as we still have a chance to win Big Ten and removed any doubt we our in NCAA tourney now. The team continues to battle back every time adversity hits which has been a staple this year that was not so prevalent under Lemonis.

Now onto Louisville which would be an awesome win but suddenly really doesn't matter other than for confidence, especially if we end up going there for Regional's which is quite possible. Win or lose we will be a 2 seed now in tourney and its entirely region based so there is no 'higher' 2 seed. At this point we need to focus on sweeping Rutgers as that is what is important as we still have outside chance at conference title but no matter what we do we are a 2 seed in NCAA tourney and no amount of wins or losses will change that.   

I'll be on here posting during entire Louisville game and Thursday (yes its a Thursday, Friday, Saturday series) and then Friday and Saturday we will see. I may be there Friday and Saturday depending on a couple other things in life in which case I cannot post during game.  

I know a lot of people thought I was just being negative and hating on Lemonis but this is why guys. 
The best finish we had under Lemonis was a tie for third. Which is looking like absolute worst case this year. Second place or even first place much more likely.  That season  we went to Nebraska to finish the year and instead of competing we got humiliated losing all 3.  Had we won 2 of 3 we would have won the Big Ten outright. Going into that series Nebraska was below us in the standings they leap frogged is to finish second  
Sometimes winners just look like winners and Mercer looks like a winner. God I hope we can keep him. 

I have been critical of Glass and he may have got luck that Lemonis left but to his credit he has had 2 hires that have kept baseball relevant. I have to give credit here for this.

Hopefully Mercer keeps building and we decide to keep him around.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, mjhoosier said:

Indiana has chance to throw winning run out on Infield roller and makes a bad throw. Michigan wins.

Bad loss. Really had tons of chances to win that game but Michigan outhit and outpitched IU there. If IU could Win that game. They had a great shot to win the Big 10. Now IU has to sweep Rutgers and hope Nebraska takes 2 from Michigan.

It's not a bad loss