Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

It is correct to say it isn't who we miss on its who we get. We got two bigs-TJD & Joey Brunk. Both are expected to contribute and maybe together will cushion the loss of Juwan Morgan. And, we got a guard who likely won't be ready to contribute much for a year or two (Franklin certainly is not in the same league as Romeo in terms of scoring next year). What we didn't get without mentioning missing on specific targets is a shooter when the overriding weakness this past season was shooting. Even if Archie believed Romeo would be a better shooter than he turned out to be, he should have known that Romeo was likely to leave and we would need to target a shooter in 2019. So that is a coaching failure no matter how you look at it.

Do you mean scorer? Cause Romeo was more of a volume shooter and scorer. I don’t think I would ever consider him a shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Mdn82--I didn't call Romeo a shooter. I called him a scorer--he was the top scorer on the IU team at 16.5 points a game. I will say that there were many on this board who believed going into the season that IU's 3-point shooting would improve as a result of Romeo's shooting. I wasn't one of them. 

Mdn82--I didn't call Romeo a shooter. I called him a scorer--he was the top scorer on the IU team at 16.5 points a game. I will say that there were many on this board who believed going into the season that IU's 3-point shooting would improve as a result of Romeo's shooting. I wasn't one of them. 

Even if Archie believed Romeo would be a better shooter than he turned out to be, he should have known that Romeo was likely to leave and we would need to target a shooter in 2019.”

mdn82--Thanks for making my point. Any person with a rudimentary understanding of English knows that the qualifier "even if..." constitutes a hypothetical predicator. "Even if Archie believed that Romeo were a shooter..." Not to belabor the point, but I never called Romeo a shooter. I called him a scorer. Thanks again for acknowledging you were wrong.

mdn82--Thanks for making my point. Any person with a rudimentary understanding of English knows that the qualifier "even if..." constitutes a hypothetical predicator. "Even if Archie believed that Romeo were a shooter..." Not to belabor the point, but I never called Romeo a shooter. I called him a scorer. Thanks again for acknowledging you were wrong.

Nice to have you on the board dick. Bet you will get along well with that pleasant type of response. Oh and show me where in what I quoted you said scorer in that sentence again please. Smh  

Damn, it’s a chippy day on here:)

My breakdown on the 2019 class:

TJD - huge get and could be an Alan Henderson type get for us if he sticks around 3-4 years.

Franklin - nice pickup, will be more helpful in years 2-4 which is what we need to build off of

Brunk - nice piece but with Deron and TJD, I don’t see him starting and doesn’t space the floor for us which we desperately needed, see below

Missing piece - we were a horrible shooting team last year and it made it so congested and stagnant. We were missing Alford/Reddick type players that would provide motion, spread the floor and knock down 3 point shots. We honestly don’t know what Archie’s offense is even supposed to look like because we had such a glaring hole there. What I and I believe many others find crazy is that we didn’t get anyone to solve for that. How do we have such an obvious need and not address it? That’s the wtf many are touching on (I believe:) - I want to make it clear that I don’t speak for anyone else)

13 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

A) He’s not top 20

B) Last time I checked basketball was a team game 

C) one success doesn’t make up for tons of failure. Otherwise Crean was our guy. 

None of that legitimizes calling TJD "option G".  Simply put, that's a ludicrous statement.

Archie’s lack of panic recruiting at this stage is, at least impressive.

Miss, Miss, Miss, Miss. not even going to open the checkbook for Watford.

Maybe he knows something we don’t or he’s gambling on the guys he has.

Good luck Archie!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

7 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Nobody called him that. Not sure who you are arguing with 

When back and reread the quote and you ate correct.  That said, you stated that we are on option G.   If that were the case, Wyndham would have been given an offer. Sean East would have been given an offer. Option G type of recruits are usually offers that shouldn't be given scholarships.  I would argue that unlike Crean, Miller stops before it gets to option G.

Good luck Archie!

He's gambling on the guys he has because he's not a chicken s***.

Misses or not, it's still refreshing to know we will no longer be competing with Incarnate Word to complete our roster.

8 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Good luck Archie!

This post is underrated in it's concise awesomeness.