Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LamarCheeks

Mt. Rushmore of musicians

Not sure if anybody has seen, but there's a Twitter debate raging about each state's Mt. Rushmore of musicians/musical people. Here's mine for Indiana -- and I tried to be totally unbiased in putting this together because, TBH, I'm not terribly familiar with the first two gentlemen's music, but there's absolutely no denying their impact and importance ...

So, without further ado, here goes ... My Mt. Rushmore of Indiana musicians/musical people 

Hoagy Carmichael
Cole Porter
John Mellencamp
Michael Jackson

I'm fine with Michael Jackson, John Mellencamp, Hoagie Carmichael & Cole Porter. But this list leaves out some great blues and jazz musicians who were the best at what they did:

Leroy Carr--blues piano

Wes Montgomery--jazz guitar

James "Yank" Rachell--blues mandolin

Then there are the overlooked Hoosier born rockers--Lonnie Mack & Rick Derringer