Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

IU vs UK and Plenty of Television to close season

Big one tonight and going with Sommer to pitch gives us a really good chance to win. UK will probably throw Dillon Marsh or Mason Hazelwood. Both are lefties with Marsh sporting a 5.66 ERA and Hazelwood a 3.90. We struggle with lefties and these are good arms, but they have not exactly had the best of years so will be interesting to see how our offense performs. I am glad we are going with Sommer and this gives us at least an even or better chance to win.

Also for those wanting more Television, 6 of our last 8 games are televised: 

1. UK, SEC Network

2. Michigan Game 1, ESPNU

3. Michigan Game 3, BTN

4. Louisville, ESPNU

5. Rutgers Game 2, BTN

6. Rutgers Game 3, BTN

The other 2 as usual will be subscription BTN2GO.

Good news as I have said in past is postseason games are required to be free per NCAA rules. As a result all of Big Ten Tourney games will be on BTN TV and then NCAA's will be on either an ESPN channel or streamed for free on ESPN3 provided you have a cable subscription to ANY ESPN channel.

Plenty of TV rest of year! Now lets hope Hoosiers perform for a national audience.

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

Big one tonight and going with Sommer to pitch gives us a really good chance to win. UK will probably throw Dillon Marsh or Mason Hazelwood. Both are lefties with Marsh sporting a 5.66 ERA and Hazelwood a 3.90. We struggle with lefties and these are good arms, but they have not exactly had the best of years so will be interesting to see how our offense performs. I am glad we are going with Sommer and this gives us at least an even or better chance to win.

Also for those wanting more Television, 6 of our last 8 games are televised: 

1. UK, SEC Network

2. Michigan Game 1, ESPNU

3. Michigan Game 3, BTN

4. Louisville, ESPNU

5. Rutgers Game 2, BTN

6. Rutgers Game 3, BTN

The other 2 as usual will be subscription BTN2GO.

Good news as I have said in past is postseason games are required to be free per NCAA rules. As a result all of Big Ten Tourney games will be on BTN TV and then NCAA's will be on either an ESPN channel or streamed for free on ESPN3 provided you have a cable subscription to ANY ESPN channel.

Plenty of TV rest of year! Now lets hope Hoosiers perform for a national audience.

Did not know that it has to be free... interesting. I would have watched them all regardless, but still cool. 

Also... I was at UI on Friday and Saturday.. (met Pauley's dad on Friday and talked to him for quite a long time) but UI stadium is crappy. Glad we have the Bart. 

26 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Did not know that it has to be free... interesting. I would have watched them all regardless, but still cool. 

Also... I was at UI on Friday and Saturday.. (met Pauley's dad on Friday and talked to him for quite a long time) but UI stadium is crappy. Glad we have the Bart. 

Yes postseason events are requited to stream free . They can require you to have a cable subscription but they cannot have pay per view or broadcasts that require monthly fees. That is why IU's soccer games in postseason which are always BTN2go pay during season are free and just clickable without doing anything else in NCAA tourney.

As for Illinois' stadium for a place built in 1988 its not to bad. Its starting to look a little tired and in need of small renovations like IU is doing with Armstrong for soccer which was built around same time. With that said its better than many D1 baseball stadiums and for something built in late 80's you can't complain to much. 

UK starting a whole different guy than i mentioned earlier who has a high ERA but a ton of strikeouts which is probably a good move against us. Ashley popped up an 0-2 pitch, Gorski struck out and Lloyd struck out.

Huge mental mistake by Wyatt Cross giving up 2 free runs on a wild pitch when he cannot find the ball. Sommer was doing a nice job to work out of it and gets a pop up and a strike out to end but Cross' inability to try to find the ball after a wild pitch gives UK 2 runs instead of 1 on no hits. The type of mental mistakes you don't want and are inexcusable. 

OK its evens worse. Apparently Cross thought the ball hit the batter (and it looked like it did) but instead of going and getting the ball he was arguing with the ump about it allowing the extra run to score.

Easy 2nd for Sommer who has been really good since losing control on the first 2 batters. Only Wyatt Cross' major mental mistake giving UK this early cushion. Have to be perfect in a tough road game and far from it.

Also credit to the SEC Network who has given IU a lot of love so far which we've certainly earned over last few yrs but not tonight.

Cross continues to be a thorn in his own teams side striking out, than Ashley knocks in Walker on a misplayed ball facing the sun by UK fielder (not an error as ball was nowhere near him and did not touch him). Both teams with a huge mental error now costing them a run. Should be 1-0 UK but they have a bit more room for error being at home hence why they have the 1 run lead.  

We also continue to strike out against this guy with a high ERA and a ton of K's on year as Gorski strikes out to end inning. 2-1 UK after 2.5 innings.