Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

Indiana Academics, etc

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I know conversations come up time to time about this.

From Money Magazine this month.

Indiana #19 business school

IMG_0126.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So why does this administration still continue to collect a paycheck

The Kelley school is ranked t-10th by US News. Pretty solid. IU's never going to be a top school unless they become a lot more selective, and honestly that's ok. You can get an excellent education at IU even though the rankings don't put us close to the top.  

12 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The Kelley school is ranked t-10th by US News. Pretty solid. IU's never going to be a top school unless they become a lot more selective, and honestly that's ok. You can get an excellent education at IU even though the rankings don't put us close to the top.  

Pretty sure they were 4th when I graduated 10 years ago

Yes. Agree.

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

So why does this administration still continue to collect a paycheck

5 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I know conversations come up time to time about this.

From Money Magazine this month.

Indiana #19 business school

IMG_0126.jpg

I’d like to know their criteria. No UVA, NYU, Michigan or MIT.

San Jose State, Fairfield and Richmond are ranked higher than UPenn... LOL.

2 hours ago, Magnanimous said:

Kelley undergrad is 10th in the country in US News and 4th undergrad in Bloomberg, both of which hold more clout and gravitas than money magazine. The MBA program tends to hover around #20, which is still great considering many top MBA programs do not offer undergrad business majors. The business school is doing fine and still ranked amongst the best of them. IU’s biggest problem with these rankings has little to do with the quality of the education and more to do with having more lax admissions standards than peer institutions, allowing weaker students to both get a chance and run a higher risk of not finishing, at all or within four years, both of which hurt overall rankings. 

These rankings drive applications they need to let in 8000-10000 a year. If you want the average quality of applicant to go up you have to get your ranking up. 

18 hours ago, Hollywood Mike Miranda said:

Not sure where to put this, but this guy is running for an IU board of trustees position and he wants to keep athletic department money / revenue with the athletic department. If you're an alumni and care about where the athletic revenue is getting spent, you may want to check him out.

Saw this and Im glad someone is discussing this issue.

18 hours ago, Hollywood Mike Miranda said:

Not sure where to put this, but this guy is running for an IU board of trustees position and he wants to keep athletic department money / revenue with the athletic department. If you're an alumni and care about where the athletic revenue is getting spent, you may want to check him out.

Amen and amen. Vote early, vote often!

Here's a link to vote online or request a paper ballot if you haven't received one yet.

https://alumni.iu.edu/events/trustee-election/index.html

Amen and amen. Vote early, vote often!
Here's a link to vote online or request a paper ballot if you haven't received one yet.
https://alumni.iu.edu/events/trustee-election/index.html
I voted for him yesterday. Hope other Alumni join in, I think he is running on a decent platform to get elected at least in my opinion.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

On 6/1/2019 at 7:53 PM, Hollywood Mike Miranda said:

I voted for him. It is high time for new blood on the board of trustees. There are too many that have been there too long and they are deadwood. 

Yes! Please everyone vote for him and have your co-workers that went to IU vote for him. If he stands for what he says this an excellent voice in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners