Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MisterBigRig

Samari Curtis (2019) to Nebraska

Geez; this kid's head must be spinning:

First commits to Xavier, then Mack leaves. So he de-commits.

Then commits to Cinci, then Cronin leaves. So he de-commits again!

Good player from Ohio - combo guard. Guess it's possible, especially if we strike out on Lester Q and Curtis has a relationship with Jerome Hunter.

He decommitted from Xavier after Mack left and then committed to Cincy. Now he decommitted from Cincy after the coaching change. Mr basketball in Ohio this year. He made an unofficial visit to IU before he committed to Cincy but left that visit without an offer. Possible they get involved again if they feel he can help the team improved

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don’t know. Perhaps to make myself feel better. 30 year IU fan.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

45 yr IU Basketball fan. I'd never think about posting that drivel.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I find it interesting seeing the crowd that defended Crean until the bitter end continually state nothing is ever wrong. No warning signs. Etc. Hard for me to listen to reason from a crowd that never questions anything. Equally ridiculous, is the crowd that thinks everything is awful. It’s somewhere in the middle. But the fact that Indiana is acting like an average big ten program is enough to have me very worried. We aren’t outrecruiting the B1G. We aren’t outcoaching the B1G. We aren’t out hustling the B1G. We currently are just a high major program blending in. And barely.

I think things are closer to the ledge than many think. I also think Archie can build a winner.

This upcoming season is a big one. The Romeo experience set Archie way back in the mold to bring in 1 and done talent. Maybe that’s a blessing in disguise.

I know we need an identity and a major upgrade in talent on the floor. People forget how many of our players looked this season. Justin Smith couldn’t hit the broadside of the barn from anywhere on the court. Guards not hitting free throws. No one hitting 3’s, except Devonte when he catches fire. Nobody rebounding outside their position. A supremely stagnant offense.

Maybe if we get the right mix of guys that get freaking tired of losing, and do something about it, and actually care to win basketball games, things might change. At this point, that is all I can root for, because coaching and recruiting doesn’t give me any belief in us breaking out.

35 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I find it interesting seeing the crowd that defended Crean until the bitter end continually state nothing is ever wrong. No warning signs. Etc. Hard for me to listen to reason from a crowd that never questions anything. Equally ridiculous, is the crowd that thinks everything is awful. It’s somewhere in the middle. But the fact that Indiana is acting like an average big ten program is enough to have me very worried. We aren’t outrecruiting the B1G. We aren’t outcoaching the B1G. We aren’t out hustling the B1G. We currently are just a high major program blending in. And barely.

I think things are closer to the ledge than many think. I also think Archie can build a winner.

This upcoming season is a big one. The Romeo experience set Archie way back in the mold to bring in 1 and done talent. Maybe that’s a blessing in disguise.

I know we need an identity and a major upgrade in talent on the floor. People forget how many of our players looked this season. Justin Smith couldn’t hit the broadside of the barn from anywhere on the court. Guards not hitting free throws. No one hitting 3’s, except Devonte when he catches fire. Nobody rebounding outside their position. A supremely stagnant offense.

Maybe if we get the right mix of guys that get freaking tired of losing, and do something about it, and actually care to win basketball games, things might change. At this point, that is all I can root for, because coaching and recruiting doesn’t give me any belief in us breaking out.

The defense good and continued to get better.  I'm not sure why people choose to ignore any positives.

14 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

The defense good and continued to get better.  I'm not sure why people choose to ignore any positives.

Recognizing the giant red flags doesn’t mean your ignoring the positives. 

For two years now effort has been our number one issue. And that has nothing to do with a system that takes 3 years to implement. 

Archie is 0-4 against a guy at a football school that has had less time at his school. And worse not only has he lost but it’s been blatant he’s been out coached  

Archie kept saying changes were coming and never did real permanent changes come. It reminds me of Crean. He’s convinced his system is so smart he doesn’t have to change it.  Which is why we are on year 11 of an undisciplined lazy team that loses games it shouldn’t. 

At some point it’s time to try something different. This isn’t Dayton, what worked there isn’t necessarily going to work here. 

I think CAM's future at IU is decided this coming season if we miss the tourney again.  Recruiting big time talent will become impossible and the "hot seat" rumor death spiral will begin.  Then the university needs to decide what costs more.  Buying out a contract or several more years in the gutter.

11 minutes ago, mark1981 said:

I think CAM's future at IU is decided this coming season if we miss the tourney again.  Recruiting big time talent will become impossible and the "hot seat" rumor death spiral will begin.  Then the university needs to decide what costs more.  Buying out a contract or several more years in the gutter.

I'm afraid you're right. If IU doesn't out-perform expectations and make the tourney it's gonna get ugly, imo. 

I want Archie to succeed and while I agree he needs time to do that, I also think it's fair to assess what we've seen so far and that isn't encouraging. The first year was about what was expected, but certainly not above average. This past season was a train-wreck. Whatever the reasons (injuries, team conflict), those are all ultimately Archie's responsibility. Get players with the right attitude that give 100% effort, that fit your system, and have enough players that injuries don't derail the season. Those are high standards, but that's the way it is. Like Wayne said above- IU's results don't lie, it's an average program right now and has been for the last 25yrs. If Archie isn't the guy to fix that then I say move on, sooner than later.  2019-20 is the pass/fail year, IMO. Fail and he's a dead man walking. That will require more than he's shown so far, since this roster looks very pedestrian, so time to out-perform and show he is the guy we've been waiting for. 

I'm afraid you're right. If IU doesn't out-perform expectations and make the tourney it's gonna get ugly, imo. 
I want Archie to succeed and while I agree he needs time to do that, I also think it's fair to assess what we've seen so far and that isn't encouraging. The first year was about what was expected, but certainly not above average. This past season was a train-wreck. Whatever the reasons (injuries, team conflict), those are all ultimately Archie's responsibility. Get players with the right attitude that give 100% effort, that fit your system, and have enough players that injuries don't derail the season. Those are high standards, but that's the way it is. Like Wayne said above- IU's results don't lie, it's an average program right now and has been for the last 25yrs. If Archie isn't the guy to fix that then I say move on, sooner than later.  2019-20 is the pass/fail year, IMO. Fail and he's a dead man walking. That will require more than he's shown so far, since this roster looks very pedestrian, so time to out-perform and show he is the guy we've been waiting for. 

Probably sums it up. Deep down, each year I keep expecting him to outperform expectations because I truly feel he is a good/great coach. Then it doesn’t happen, and you wonder why. Last year during the losing streak, no major changes happened. Subtle things for sure. Fitzner and Smith spent a little more time on the pine.

I go into this year the same way, roster looks unspectacular on paper. Probably be preseason ranked 7-11.

Time to outperform those expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

47 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Getting ugly won't be nearly as bad as losing interest altogether. That, in my opinion, is more likely if mediocre seasons continue.