Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PF/C - Dawson Garcia to Minnesota

1 minute ago, iuswingman said:

Garcia wanted to sit in on a real class to see what it was like and they had trouble finding a real class.

I think they just got a 5 star big man commit

Lol yeah I saw that. 

Looks like Kansas is going to be out as well. 

If Rumors were true it’s down to us and Marquette though. 

5-STAR CENTER WALKER KESSLER COMMITS TO UNC OVER DUKE, AUBURN AND GONZAGA

Late Sunday evening, North Carolina Basketball landed one of the top prospects in the 2020 recruiting class: 5-star center Walker Kessler. The story was first reported by Evan Daniels of 247 Sports. Kessler took an official visit to Chapel Hill this weekend.

A top-15 overall prospect in the 2020 class, Kessler committed to North Carolina over Duke, Auburn, Gonzaga and Cal.

Kessler, a 6-foot-10 product of Georgia, joins another 5-star big man — Day’Ron Sharpe — in North Carolina’s 2020 class. Sharpe, who also stands 6-foot-10, is a top-20 player in the 2020 class, per 247 Sports.
With Walker Kessler commiting, per the great @RellDMC this will be the first time North Carolina signs two 5-star big men since 2008 with Tyler Zeller and Ed Davis.

Keep in mind, North Carolina could still have Armando Bacot, a 5-star center in the 2019 class, Garrison Brooks, Sterling Manley and Brandon Huffman all on the roster then.

THIS IS REALLY GOOD NEWS FOR IUBB

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

UNC is fully back on the cheating wagon after a brief hiatus while NCAA investigated.

Just look at which recruits they are signing now compared to classes during NCAA investigation.

Oh well....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Of course they are. They were eventually found to be allowed to do exactly what they were accused of. 

The classes are probably even bigger jokes. 

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Heard he would be there. Who all will be there as of now? I’ll be there for part of my bachelor part. Hoping it’ll be pretty crazy and loud. The spark has went down a little over the year. Seemed more intense when I was younger.

Lander will be there. Assuming Garcia is planning to stick around more than a year that could be big

Temper expectations. As per Sam Story, no HH visit from Garcia.

It’s because his high school’s homecoming is that same weekend. Don’t get worked up because he won’t be there for HH. My guess is he will be there later on for an actual game if I was to guess.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Are we looking at a fall signing or spring?

He doesn’t seem to be wanting to rush things. He hasn’t taken any officials yet so I would guess a spring signing but you never know until we get past the fall signing period.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app