Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PF/C - Dawson Garcia to Minnesota

Brunk and Thompson arent scorers and TJD and or Smith could be gone next year. We have to continue recruiting at a high level. That is why we havent been able to sustain success.

I doubt Smith or TJD are gone after this season. Could they? Sure, but I’d bet on them both being back for next season. Them, along with Hunter, should be enough to headline the front court. The following season we’ll need experience and talent while the 2021 freshmen bigs get their feet wet. I agree, we need to added talented depth. That’s why I’ve been saying this is a recruitment that gauges where we currently stand in regards to building a program.

If we land Garcia and return Smith and Jackson-Davis I feel really good about next seasons team and the year after. If we don’t land him we’ll need to find a good big somewhere before next season starts.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I know which program will be relevant the next few years. And it won’t be the one that wears yellow.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

What does Floyd Central have to do with this recruitment?

As others have said, I really think it comes down to Garcia and family being comfortable with the distance. I think he’s sold on the program; coaches and future teammates.

4 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I believe it is 50/50 we get Garcia. While I agree, purely from a Basketball standpoint, it should be a no brainers. Sometimes it is not just about basketball. However, there are many reasons he could pick Marquette. Some on here couldn't believe Garland would pick Vandy because he wanted to stay close to home. At least one said he couldn't understand it because his family wasn't like that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Respectively, nah dawg.  He comin' to Btown.

Hope like heck he chooses us, but not holding out hope because proximity to family can be a deal breaker for kids/families. No insider info, but know that having family close by is just as important to a kid as other stuff.

If he chooses us, I feel we are a top 25 team next year if everyone returns. Without him I believe we are still a tourney lock, but hurts our depth long term.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Andrew Slater put a crystal ball on Marquette....not a big surprise as he is the boss of the guy who put a ball on Marquette a few days ago (Lykins).  Lykinz has the MO on just latching on to other people picks and likely Slater told him he thought Garcia was leaning toward Marquette. 
We'll see if others start joining. I personally think it'll be Marquette but who knows? Apparently Garcia does.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I would assume Slater has connections with Wojo since he’s the Duke board guy. Sucks but I like our frontcourt for next year, even without Garcia

I would assume Slater has connections with Wojo since he’s the Duke board guy. Sucks but I like our frontcourt for next year, even without Garcia

Slater picked Virginia for Geronimo days before he committed to IU. I personally don’t think Slater has any solid information