Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PF/C - Dawson Garcia to Minnesota

3 hours ago, JudahRMK said:

Part of it..I made sure to grab a clean one at the door on my way in

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Ah yes, you're going to fit in quite nicely with the rest of us.   lol

Old Fart runs the laundry service at this site. Let me tell you something: there are no clean ones.

33 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Old Fart runs the laundry service at this site. Let me tell you something: there are no clean ones.

Oh ok..I thought that smell was from being left in the washer for a couple days after it completed it’s cycle

21 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Hopefully the visit yesterday was great. Talking to some people Saturday night the staff didn't have a good feeling after the MU visit. MU flew in D Wade to talk to Garcia and he made quite the impression. So hopefully yesterday was another step in the right direction. Right now I would say it's about 50/50

Yea, Marquette has their one player. Next time we should use Victor Oladipo, Eric Gordon and Isaiah Thomas to name a few lol.

I realize it’s not this simple, but nonetheless it has to be a huge factor in a decision. Dawson could be missing link to what would be a dominating team that has a great chance to do something special. Marquette on the other hand...well, you lose your best player and have a bunch of unknowns...not all that exciting. 

I’m really glad that Arch had the opportunity to go up there again and make his point on why IU is the place to be. No doubt in my mind he’s really good at this.

26 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Wojo can’t do that. That’s a Crean move.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Wade: "Alright, grab me a diet coke and tell the coach I'm here to seal the deal."

Wojo: "Hi Mr. Wade, I'm the coach here."

Wade: "..."

Wojo: "One diet coke coming right up."

Hopefully the visit yesterday was great. Talking to some people Saturday night the staff didn't have a good feeling after the MU visit. MU flew in D Wade to talk to Garcia and he made quite the impression. So hopefully yesterday was another step in the right direction. Right now I would say it's about 50/50

Ouch!

Hmmm, don’t like the sound of that.

I think it all boils down to whether or not he wants to or is comfortable with going farther away from home than Milwaukee.  Indiana and Marquette are not at all similar programs or experiences.

Marquette's home arena is the Fiserv Forum - same building as the Milwaukee Bucks.  An NBA building in no way similar to Assembly Hall.   Marquette is in a major city - Milwaukee.  Not comparable at all to Bloomington.  He is - in terms of school and experience - comparing apples to oranges.   Marquette is a fine program; no disrespect; but this comparison doesn't appear necessarily to be one school or program vs. another.  As was mentioned, yeah....they have Dwayne Wade, who is now retired.  We have Oladipo, Gordon, Langford, Vonleh, Bryant, Zeller, etc. who can all give a more recent account of their experiences.    To me, this is a logistics battle and nothing more.

Still no crystal ball predictions, not even guesses.

Usually during the final day or two the trickle of info starts. That first pick or two can say quite a bit. Happened with the supposedly tight-lipped Romeo and Garland recruitments.

Have a hard time believing Marquette flew Wade in for a Garcia’s visit. That’s a violation. Now if wade happened to be on campus during the visit like Romeo was for one of IU’s recruit that’s a gray area. But a school isn’t going to fly a former player in for a recruits visit. No mention of Wades visit can be found on any of their free or premium boards. Even if wade did show up this one has always felt 50/50 after the great IU visit.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I can see Archie saying they have Dwayne Wade, but we have multiple NBA players and All Stars who visit campus.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Have a hard time believing Marquette flew Wade in for a Garcia’s visit. That’s a violation. Now if wade happened to be on campus during the visit like Romeo was for one of IU’s recruit that’s a gray area. But a school isn’t going to fly a former player in for a recruits visit. No mention of Wades visit can be found on any of their free or premium boards. Even if wade did show up this one has always felt 50/50 after the great IU visit.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I guess I shouldn't have said they flew him in, I don't know all of the logistics but I do know for sure he was there. As I said the staff was not happy about it. I was asked by one of the coaches if the boards have anything about Wade being there. I said I had not seen it. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I guess I shouldn't have said they flew him in, I don't know all of the logistics but I do know for sure he was there. As I said the staff was not happy about it. I was asked by one of the coaches if the boards have anything about Wade being there. I said I had not seen it. 

So have they always known you were on the boards?  Or were you discovered?

4 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Well the Marquette people say that he was in LA watching the Lakers that and hanging with Lebron that weekend. You might want to check your sources...

I have no problem checking my sources. My source was on the plane yesterday to visit Garcia. I'm not sure why he would lie to me but if he did that's fine, it would be the first bad info he ever gave me. But he & Archie were not happy that Wade had spoken to Garcia.