Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PF/C - Dawson Garcia to Minnesota

1 hour ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I don’t think we are getting him. I’m not seeing any real momentum swinging our way in that recruitment.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

There's not really any momentum swinging anywhere right now... It's been so quiet that no one knows what's happening. The fact that we aren't hearing MU taking a large lead is a great sign. I actually think IU put themselves in the best position possible. At the end of the day, you sit down and say it's Indiana vs. Marquette, pro's and con's, it seems like IU wins out. I remember him saying Bloomington feels like home, and I think that is why he will be a Hoosier. If he ends up being a Golden Eagle then so be it, Archie put us in the position to get him and the ball didn't bounce our way, things are trending  up, we will all be okay. 

I don’t think we are getting him. I’m not seeing any real momentum swinging our way in that recruitment.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
I was wondering who was going there first. SMH

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My official uninformed prediction at this point is Marquette. Just because our front court depth is to strong. Just a guess

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

Brunk, Smith, Thompson, TJD

He would still get plenty of minutes as a freshman and then be able to play a key role as a sophomore on. This is another recruitment that I look at to the overall health of the program. If we land Garcia it signals we’re able to recruit quality depth while having more experienced talent ahead of him. We haven’t been able to do that in the recent past.

TJD, Brunk, Thompson
Smith, Thompson, Garcia
Hunter, Smith, Geronimo

That’s quite a bit of versatile talent, versatility, and experience in the front court.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Optimist:  "I've heard nothing and that means good things for IU.  Garcia to IU."

Pessimist:  "I've heard nothing and that means bad things for Marquette.  Garcia to Marquette."

Paranoid:  "I've heard nothing probably because everyone is keeping things from me.  Garcia doesn't really exist."

Me:  "Whatever happened to Austin Van Zyl?"

Garcia doesn't really exist, haha....made

me think Ivan Renko!

At the rate Wojo is going, even if Garcia commits to Marquette in the 20th, when Wojo gets fired we may end up with him anyway.

Purdoo helping with a Keion Brooks “don’t want to commit to a coach that might fail” scenario?

That’d be nice.

I work with a Marquette grad who said Garcia's announcement is tomorrow. Has anybody heard this? ... I was thinking I saw somewhere in this massive thread that he would announce the 20th (a week from today). 

I was listening to a couple D.C. radio guys the day of Game 7 of the World Series. One said he was predicting the Nationals would win, but wouldn't be surprised if the Astros pulled it out. 

So in that vein, here's my prediction on Garcia: I think he signs with IU, but could very well pick Marquette. 

There you have it! 

IMG_0586.jpg

6 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

At the rate Wojo is going, even if Garcia commits to Marquette in the 20th, when Wojo gets fired we may end up with him anyway.

Purdoo helping with a Keion Brooks “don’t want to commit to a coach that might fail” scenario?

That’d be nice.

That post didn’t age well!

Oh Purdoo 

16 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Cold feet.

I would say we, as a fanbase are really gun shy about believing in big time non Indiana recruits selecting us.  It creates a negative mindset (which is 100% understandable), and leads to posts like Fkfootball's.  

So is Sam Story all that reliable?  I see his name periodically mentioned on btb and I'm a lurker on another board that seems to think he walks on water when it comes to IU recruiting.  He tweeted this an hour ago.

Sam Story @Samueltstory

#IUBB - UNA film review done today. - Garcia gang to finally sit & talk to figure some stuff out on weekend.  DG is NOT going to MINNY or MEM.  Well sourced. - IU rotation = better athletes + more options vs. last year - Way more identity + belief. -  My summer predictions = IU

14 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

He’s incredibly unreliable, getting far more absolutely wrong than right (in 3+ years I haven’t seen him get anything right but someone who pays more attention might beg to differ). Both him and the other HSN “insider” make bold yet vague comments and usually back out of them. Sam also has a history of deleting his posts so people can’t quote him when he’s dead wrong. 

Personally I find them, and their mob following, incredibly annoying and is most of the reason I don’t post over there anymore. You’ll never learn anything from them that isn’t printed in an interview or quoted from Rabjohns and the rest of their “intel” almost always proves false and/or irrelevant. 

What a buzz kill!☹️

Hopefully he and his parents are watching and realise what's being built here and are smart enough to know that without a complete gift from Purdue Marquette loses last night's game badly.

WoJo's coaching was nonexistent at worse and atrocious at best. 

Where does the scoring come from next season without Howard?

Just don't see it if the kid wants to play for a competitive team.