Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PF/C - Dawson Garcia to Minnesota

Yeah, we would never talk to a guest like that. Another board member? Maybe. But never a guest.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

We’re brothers and sisters here. We can talk bad about our own but others can’t! Although, I’m not sure if some are who they say they are.. (think of that guy up there in western Canada)

On Garcia, hopefully his buddies have talked him into being the adopted Hoosier along with Geronimo! I’m really hoping for a crazy versatile front court and think he could really help.

True Golden Eagles avatar
True Golden Eagles
Posted on 2 hrs, , User Since 56 months ago, User Post Count: 473
2 hrs
56 months

From
BrianSnow

For the record, didn't talk to my best source yet, will try and do that this afternoon/evening, but what I was told by someone with knowledge is that Dawson is likely to decide this month, but if he had to guess, he would guess it comes after the early signing period.

Take FWIW, but that is what one person with knowledge thinks. The vibe I got was he would guess Marquette, but he definitely didn't know.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Brian Snow was the first paragraph. The second was from this dude on 247. Think milehiu with the way he posts with “sources”. He tends to lean in with his Marquette shades on. Sounds like the National guys are still trying to find any info out. If he signed later I don’t know how that is anything but good for both IU and Memphis.

24 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

So I’m biased because I’m on record as saying this is a lock, but hear me out.

I feel like many of Archie’s recruits have had very quiet processes, at least from the recruits side. It’s seemed like Archie and the recruit coordinate a bit on these announcements and signings. Any one else notice this?

Anyway, this one has been very quiet as well. Easily could be biased, but I like what happening.

Preach it brother!

1 hour ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

So I’m biased because I’m on record as saying this is a lock, but hear me out.

I feel like many of Archie’s recruits have had very quiet processes, at least from the recruits side. It’s seemed like Archie and the recruit coordinate a bit on these announcements and signings. Any one else notice this?

Anyway, this one has been very quiet as well. Easily could be biased, but I like what happening.

Exactly! ^^This, this, this^^ I have no idea if IU gets this kid, but man, it sure is playing out like a lot of CAM's other recruiting wins. Maybe that's just pure coincidence, but definitely seems familiar. Fingers still tightly crossed... GO HOOSIERS!!

I’m quietly amped about potentially getting Garcia. With who we return, I think we start matching up on paper as a top 20 team or better.

Even if Smith continues his play and leaves, slide Hunter in there.

I’m getting ahead of myself here and I don’t care.

Thinking TJD with Garcia is just too exciting.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’m quietly amped about potentially getting Garcia. With who we return, I think we start matching up on paper as a top 20 team or better.

I’m getting ahead of myself here and I don’t care.

Thinking TJD with Garcia is just too exciting.

Another reason I think this is a no-brainer.

At Marquette, even adding Garcia, they will still likely only be a borderline tournament team losing Howard.

At Indiana, Garcia could be the difference between a solid tournament team and a legitimate Final Four contender  (a lot to play out here like how well our PGs play and freshman develop, but a lineup of TJD Garcia Durham Smith Phinisee is really really strong)

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Where’s he going? No doubt he has God given athletic talent but show me him playing hard 100% of the time, better passing & angles, a dribble drive, a legit outside shot just to name a couple. I don’t see him making the NBA but Hunter has the opportunity with continued good health.

Ugh it would probably be good for everyone not named Marquette if he didn't decide during the early signing period, but man I hope it doesn't go past that.  It would kinda be deflating if we went from looking out for a possible commitment during his OV a few weeks ago to not signing until the spring.

4 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Ugh it would probably be good for everyone not named Marquette if he didn't decide during the early signing period, but man I hope it doesn't go past that.  It would kinda be deflating if we went from looking out for a possible commitment during his OV a few weeks ago to not signing until the spring.

I have the feeling he and his family want the decision made so he can just enjoy his senior year in high school without having to deal with the recruiting noise all season long.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

It honestly says nothing. Just recaps basic news and answers questions with questions.

No offense though, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Sam Non-Story is the Twitter King of saying nothing, recapping news that everyone already knows, and answering questions with questions. If he's an insider, then I'm the ghost of Branch McCracken :)

Never listen to Brian Snow. I have always believed he is a closet IU hater. He’s told me firsthand that “this isn’t the 1980s”. There are “many good programs out there.” “Nebraska has better basketball facilities than Indiana.”

He’s a punk. I wouldn’t doubt that he’s down talked us to recruits. He’s a OSU blowhard.

He does a fantastic Indiana basketball report pretty much every week. He is the most plugged in national guy to Indiana program. He isn’t the only that thinks Nebraska has better basketball facilities, plenty of other national people think they do as well. I just see him telling how it is no matter the school. I’ve seen him piss off buckeye, Xavier, Indiana, and Purdue fans all the same. I enjoy his write ups