Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PF/C - Dawson Garcia to Minnesota

To be honest, you can easily take it either way. A visit to Marquette could be a confirmation about either school. All reports are that he loved his visit, but you never know how close he is or is not to the Marquette staff and team. Marquette can sell him on being the focal point in a more high energy offense. A lot of pros to either side, but of course I’m biased and see way more positives with choosing IU :)

I think getting Garcia to go with Rob, Al, TJD and company would be a top 15 team IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I love the highs and lows we go through on here over recruits. I am trying to not get to much invested after the brooks debacle lol. But it is funny to me

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

I have been conditioned not to get my hopes up with any aspect of Iu basketball - will be ecstatic and a little surprised if we close here

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So the signing period is the 13-20, the dead period is the 11-14, and his visit to MU is 8-10. So we’ll see how quickly he signs after his visit to MU. I view this as he wants to compare the two programs and likely the players on the teams in person. In order to make his final decision. I like that he is following the plan that his family started with.

It was Keion Brooks that cancelled his MSU visit. As for this situation only the family really knows if this is good or bad for IU or was really the plan all along. It’s all speculation at this point. Kind of reminds you of Cody Zeller’s recruitment in that there are perceived leaders, yet the information out there is just what the family puts out without many leaks. Finally time for basketball!

His 247 page says he visited MSU on October 5th. I was thinking he didn’t visit their but maybe he did.

TJD went on an unofficial visit to the champions classic as a guest of Michigan St 2 or 3 weeks before the early signing period last year. Some on here lost their minds saying “he gone”. He signed with IU during the early signing period. As far as officials Michigan St was his last official of the ones he took

TJD went on an unofficial visit to the champions classic as a guest of Michigan St 2 or 3 weeks before the early signing period last year. Some on here lost their minds saying “he gone”. He signed with IU during the early signing period. As far as officials Michigan St was his last official of the ones he took

Yep I remember all of that now that you mention it.

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I don’t know how close Garcia is with any current MU player or commit. I don’t know the family’s plan on his recruitment.

I do know if the things mentioned in a previous article are accurate that IU is in a good to great spot. I believe he had genuine friendships with Leal and Galloway. What’s not to like about TJD, as a fan or potential front court mate?!

I have a good feeling about this recruitment. I believe Ostrom got us the invitation but the players, coaches, Btown, and what IU stands for ends up getting the commitment.

All of this!

8 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Marquette basically saying we are losing Howard come here be the man and get as many shots as you would like.

I guess that sounds good in theory, but as a 4 you need guards that can and want to get you the ball. Howard is a lead guard and already has the ball in his hands a large percentage of the time, won't be the same for Garcia. 

16 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I don’t know how close Garcia is with any current MU player or commit. I don’t know the family’s plan on his recruitment.

I do know if the things mentioned in a previous article are accurate that IU is in a good to great spot. I believe he had genuine friendships with Leal and Galloway. What’s not to like about TJD, as a fan or potential front court mate?!

I have a good feeling about this recruitment. I believe Ostrom got us the invitation but the players, coaches, Btown, and what IU stands for ends up getting the commitment.

Same here.

As Lennon and McCartney once said.

I got a feeling,a feeling deep inside.

OH YEAH!