Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PF/C - Dawson Garcia to Minnesota

45 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Do you think having Rob and Franklin is going to hurt us with Lander?

Does competition ever hurt Duke, Kentucky, Kansas? If he can't win out over those guys good luck at another top school. No disrespect to either Rob or Franklin (i am glad both are in candy stripes). 

2 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Does competition ever hurt Duke, Kentucky, Kansas? If he can't win out over those guys good luck at another top school. No disrespect to either Rob or Franklin (i am glad both are in candy stripes). 

Yes competition does hurt those schools 

4 minutes ago, madtownhoosier said:

Love this site, but I dont understand the Rabjohns hate by some.  I think the guy is a class act.  Yes, he got played pretty hard by the Garlands, but that reflects more on them then on Rabby.  

That's why I asked about the Garland recruitment, wasn't aware of what occurred there. Can someone elaborate on why they have a distrust for him?

11 minutes ago, madtownhoosier said:

Love this site, but I dont understand the Rabjohns hate by some.  I think the guy is a class act.  Yes, he got played pretty hard by the Garlands, but that reflects more on them then on Rabby.  

He charges gullible people for nothing but speculation under the guise of insider info. And when he is wrong which is OFTEN he dismisses it as things change 

1 minute ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Not really. They have the luxury of picking who they want. However, the top guys have the mindset too that they can beat out top competition (Keion Brooks just one of many examples)

if you don’t think top recruits are looking at how likely they will start then I don’t know what to tell you.   

They are able to promise PT by ensuring roster turnover 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

He charges gullible people for nothing but speculation under the guide of insider info. And when he is wrong which is OFTEN he dismisses it as things change 

He charges people for actual content. There's also no point of you being on this free board either if you don't believe that recruiting is fluid and oft-changing. By your logic you are wasting your time. That's a ridiculous take.

1 minute ago, goonaha said:

He charges people for actual content. There's also no point of you being on this free board either if you don't believe that recruiting is fluid and oft-changing. By your logic you are wasting your time. That's a ridiculous take.

This is a board of speculation and discussion. Not supposed insider information big difference. 

13 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

he probably wouldn't have an issue with Rabjohns if he wasn't charging.

This site is free so kind of apples to oranges.

This site also doesn't have a bunch of interviews and actual content outside of the discussion/speculation you mentioned (beside Chris's contributions obviously). I don't get why they can't exist in the same ecosystem. It gets quite old when Peegs.com bashing occurs in every recruiting thread. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Kettle, black.  You know the rest. 

I do know the phrase, but I don't spend my time on other boards complaining about the others. I read them all because I don't view any of them as a waste of time/money, rather complementary pieces in my IU obsession. Have a nice day.