Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PF/C - Dawson Garcia to Minnesota

In all seriousness, where is HG? I don’t remember seeing any posts from him in months. Does anyone know him outside of this forum? Everything ok?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I asked the same thing weeks ago. Been months seen I have seen a post. Hope everything is ok.

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

A pair would be doing this to the actual big boys. 

They grew a chest hair of two though. 

only if they follow through and declare him ineligible and make them vacate games he plays in.

NCAA:  "Wiseman is inelgible."

Judge:  "Nah."

NCAA:  "Oh, Okay then."

From the Marquette 247 - The Golden Eagle (it’s one of their insider guys). Ryan James is the Minnesota Gophers insider. Just wanted to give an idea how they are feeling.

Update From 247 Ryan James MN

I just checked with multiple sources. A few notes to take in with a recent update:

- Second hand, Marquette coaches think this is a dog fight with Indiana to the end

- Marquette is still the team I think he is favoring and that's heading into the visit. Marquette has great facilities and as much spent on hoops athletics as nearly any team in the country. They have been here five times full staff on the private plane.

- With the family it's all about the relationships with the staff in terms of the effort they put in, what they present, and how much they trust the staff.

- Marquette and Indiana seemed to have develop that relationship and trust over the longest period of time.

- Minnesota has done a great job in the last several months with Lindsted and Pitino really getting after it. Dawson has a real interest in staying home, but it seems like a little to late deal.

- I think keeping Minnesota in it is kind of a mix between Dawson having interest in staying home, staying in a big city, and them likely wanting to maintain good local relationships.

- I don't believe this is a "thanks but we are moving on" meeting. I think it's a "there is still some consideration" meeting. So while IU and Marquette are the favorites, there is still some interest.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

From the Marquette 247 - The Golden Eagle (it’s one of their insider guys). Ryan James is the Minnesota Gophers insider. Just wanted to give an idea how they are feeling.

Update From 247 Ryan James MN

I just checked with multiple sources. A few notes to take in with a recent update:

- Second hand, Marquette coaches think this is a dog fight with Indiana to the end
- Marquette is still the team I think he is favoring and that's heading into the visit. Marquette has great facilities and as much spent on hoops athletics as nearly any team in the country. They have been here five times full staff on the private plane.
- With the family it's all about the relationships with the staff in terms of the effort they put in, what they present, and how much they trust the staff.
- Marquette and Indiana seemed to have develop that relationship and trust over the longest period of time.
- Minnesota has done a great job in the last several months with Lindsted and Pitino really getting after it. Dawson has a real interest in staying home, but it seems like a little to late deal.
- I think keeping Minnesota in it is kind of a mix between Dawson having interest in staying home, staying in a big city, and them likely wanting to maintain good local relationships.
- I don't believe this is a "thanks but we are moving on" meeting. I think it's a "there is still some consideration" meeting. So while IU and Marquette are the favorites, there is still some interest.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Don’t like that most insiders feel Marquette is where he is leaning, getting the feeling we are gonna finish runner up.

1 hour ago, HoosierRobbie said:

Don’t like that most insiders feel Marquette is where he is leaning, getting the feeling we are gonna finish runner up.

Hmmmm... I liked it better yesterday when we were all doing our best Hoosier Guy impersonation and saying he is 100% coming to IU. Can we go back to doing that? :( 

Hmmmm... I liked it better yesterday when we were all doing our best Hoosier Guy impersonation and saying he is 100% coming to IU. Can we go back to doing that? :( 

We can but then he won’t come and in fact will come out later and say we weren’t even highly considered