Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PF/C - Dawson Garcia to Minnesota

Remember the article interviewing his coach?  Talked about Dawson calling all the coaches personally to inform them of his decision to cut them?  And also his mention of appreciating that MU has been recruiting him the longest?  In my brain, Dawson wants to be a Hoosier, but also wants to treat Wojo et al. with some respect.  So he's going back ASAP to personally inform Wojo he's out. 

Honestly I don't have a feeling that this is good or bad, but I did get caught up in the speculation that he was going to commit early this week.  At least we get some game action tomorrow!

6 minutes ago, BtownBanner6 said:

Fwiw Peegs thinks this is a good thing for IU 

I can't see that. NOT to say that IU is in any way diminished, but let's flip the script; if he made an announcement later this week without visiting Marquette again, would that be bad for IU? Not in my eyes.

I can't see that. NOT to say that IU is in any way diminished, but let's flip the script; if he made an announcement later this week without visiting Marquette again, would that be bad for IU? Not in my eyes.

Fwiw
some Marquette fans were hoping for an announcement this week and said if he visited Marquette they thought that would be a bad sign for Marquette

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Fwiw
some Marquette fans were hoping for an announcement this week and said if he visited Marquette they thought that would be a bad sign for Marquette

Okay brother USPS; in my opinion you are without a doubt one of the absolutely most savvy, knowledgeable posters here (or anywhere). 

Explain to me how an announcement immediately after a great IU visit would logically be perceived as less good than one after a last Marquette pitch. Sure I can make a plausible argument, but it's not the one that makes the most sense to me.

While I am NOT USPS, it could be that the visit went SO WELL at Indiana, that he’s 99% positive he wants to be a Hoosier, but doesn’t want to commit on that ‘high’ feeling and then fear he made the wrong choice. So, going back to Marquette once more could be simply reassurance that becoming a Hoosier IS the right choice.

When we take students to youth church camp, they all come back on such highs, it takes a few days/weeks to settle back into the norm. Could be a parallel situation (if that makes sense)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Still feeling IU. I won’t try to perform the mental gymnastics required to fit this visit into the narrative that results in Garcia wearing Candy Stripes, but this fits somewhere on that winding path towards banner 6!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Okay brother USPS; in my opinion you are without a doubt one of the absolutely most savvy, knowledgeable posters here (or anywhere). 
Explain to me how an announcement immediately after a great IU visit would logically be perceived as less good than one after a last Marquette pitch. Sure I can make a plausible argument, but it's not the one that makes the most sense to me.

IU had to make a great visit to keep pace or move the needle with Dawson. Marquette was and has been the leader. I think some people are discounting how good of shape Marquette was in. If he decided after the IU visit you could of made the argument that he had seen all the information he needed on all schools involved and he had a clear leader. Since he is taking his last official visit tells me that IU made an impression and he isn’t 100% sold on any school. IU always was going to have to leap frog Marquette. Did they do enough for that to happen? Let’s see. Smart move by Marquette to have the official nov 8-10. Dead period starts the 11th so no coach can do home visits after the visit. There is arguments for both sides of this coin on whether it’s bad or a good things

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

I don’t like the timing of the visit either, wish it would’ve been this weekend but oh well let’s just hope he eventually decides to forgo the Marquette official but I don’t see that happening