Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PF/C - Dawson Garcia to Minnesota

4 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I agree getting to the Final Four is great for a conference. However, 0-6 is a terrible look and 19 years and counting doesn’t help either.

I believe this is due to how the league is officiated and how we recruit as a conference. Others have gone into further details on those things. There’s no need for me to repeat what they’ve said.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

A terrible look is different than "the conference is unhealthy."   I'll stick with my original statement that regardless of the outcomes, the Big Ten has had more teams in the final four than any other league in the last 15 years.   They have given themselves that opportunity.  They have also done just fine in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge and the Gavit Games or whatever that Big Ten/Big East event is called.

I think there's a hell of a lot more to the results than the overall health of the Big Ten.

Not going to allow that kind of behavior, Fkfootball.  We'll aspire to be better around here.  

To all those who quoted it, sorry your content got deleted/hidden also.  

Let's hang out somewhere else.  Like, oh, I don't know, Stromboli's Analysis Articles and Discussion thread.  Such content.  Much analysis.  Wow.

I'm with Old Friend on this one. if the Big 10 wasn't getting to the Final Four then that would be one thing, but Big 10 teams have gotten there more than anyone else over the last 15 years. The teams just haven't gotten over the last hump.

And honestly, I'm glad that Big 10 teams have gone 0-6 in the Final Four over the past 15 years. If we can't win it then I don't want anyone in the Big 10 to win it. 

A terrible look is different than "the conference is unhealthy."   I'll stick with my original statement that regardless of the outcomes, the Big Ten has had more teams in the final four than any other league in the last 15 years.   They have given themselves that opportunity.  They have also done just fine in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge and the Gavit Games or whatever that Big Ten/Big East event is called.
I think there's a hell of a lot more to the results than the overall health of the Big Ten.

I’m not sure I said anything about “the conference is unhealthy.” I was simply referring to the physicality and relative “cleanliness” of the conference. I believe both have hurt the ability of the conference to win six straight in March (early April). I agree that making the Final Four is fantastic for the conference. At the other end of the spectrum, it’s a bad look they haven’t closed the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app