Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PF/C - Dawson Garcia to Minnesota

12 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Still not guaranteed TJD is leaving....

There is no guarantee he will leave early, and I hope he stays 4 years, but I think it would be prudent to recruit as if he will only be here two years.

11 minutes ago, maharkn said:

Gives Marquette 3 power forward commits

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I did not realize that until your post. They now have 3 recruits, all four stars and all listed as PF (although one of them is 6’7” so might actually be more of a tweener 3/4 ).

1 minute ago, Hoosier1984 said:

I only watched for about 30 seconds cause how creepy it was

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It was obviously just a joke, but those guys are so cringeworthy all the time. I can’t handle it. 

I really wanted this guy.  But when 007 told us he knows somebody who was on the plane  traveling to the in-home, and spoke very ominously about the grave concern the staff had that DWade made a great impression on Garcia, that concern needed an answer.  And we never got one on this board.  Last night Garcia did an interview where he spoke of all 4 teams left in his recruitment.  He spoke of how Marquette is going to use him.  To me, I thought that was it.  He just told us where he was going.  Freudian slip? or was that his deliberate unofficial announcement, the announcement I believe he was rumored to be leaking that night.  It was very shortly after the words used in that interview that all of the CB guys started dropping like dominoes going with Marquette, each CB guy following his usual pattern of pick in the pecking order.  And guys on the board started saying emphatically, Marquette.

We have been through so many of these recruitments together on different boards, just about everybody here on this board knows the pattern, and those who do not yet know the pattern will very likely learn the pattern quickly.  When an avalanche of "the pick" rumors comes out of so many reputable guys' mouths, it is not very often at all that "the pick" turns out to be a different school.  Does it happen? Yes, but not often.  I like learning that way.  It makes it easy to experience the sadness for a moment, then get back to what is important in life.

I wanted Garcia on our team for so many reasons, but I want to state that the maturity level of that 17 year old throughout the process was remarkable.  Hopefully he becomes a star, and we can all  remember the recruitment. 

Indiana fought hard for Garcia, and rumors say we led often in the process, even very recently, until he took that last official to Marquette.  And DWade of course made an impression.  Then less fun rumors started trickling in making it very easy to let go a little at a time.

I really hope for great things for Garcia.  

Just now, HoosierRobbie said:

I fully understand that. Most think lander is a Louisville or Michigan lean. Most in southern Indiana think Kaufman is a Louisville lean.

Yes, but there is so much time to change their minds, and also to score other recruits.  I appreciate you explaining that more fully tho.  Cheers.

11 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Our best bet in that class is Wesley and he’s the position that we need the least.

I would like to send you a PM, but I forget how to do that lol.

OK got it.  Sent.

Edited by chicagoHOOSIER
to add additional newfound info

Yes, but there is so much time to change their minds, and also to score other recruits.  I appreciate you explaining that more fully tho.  Cheers.

Let us not forget he wants to see how IU performs this season. I say we make the tournament, that puts us in a very good position with Lander. I was under the assumption IU was an early leader for Lander, just saying.

Sucks to lose to Marquette. This will buy wojo time. I’m sure the Garcia’s were savvy enough to get comforable with his longevity from the admin there. And after all ‘it’s Marquette’!  Wojo and record seems about right fit/level water for that place.

This isn’t the end all, be all, but is a tough one for 2020. 

Back off on Rabby - guy makes a living following IU b-ball and other athletics and reporting on it -  more power to him! He’s generally genuine and doesn’t cause malice or create controversy w innuendo or unfounded personal attacks ala Dackich. (let it go ole friend!!)

Adds a bit more pressure for Arch to coach up and win now!  We didn’t all start the race at the same place, but compared to his peer group (Mack & Holtman) he’s got some coaching, winning and recruiting to get on with!

Let us not forget he wants to see how IU performs this season. I say we make the tournament, that puts us in a very good position with Lander. I was under the assumption IU was an early leader for Lander, just saying.

IU, Louisville and Michigan are all strong at this point.

8 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Me too.  I am also positive for IU.  But there also seems to be a school of thought, I think recently, that Louisville is a concern.  I am guessing you are relatively close to the rumor mill. 

Edited by chicagoHOOSIER

I have to imagine Archie is frustrated. He’s gone deep in a lot of recruitments that haven’t gone in his favor.

I know Blue Bloods miss too, but they just grab the next stud in his place.

Archie is gonna have to earn it with equal talent or in some cases lesser talent.

I’m along for the ride to see if this all works in today’s landscape.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Kaufman and his parents are UofL fans. No matter what sport, I have never seen a D-1 prospect in this area that was a UofL fan, go to any other school besides Louisville. This would be like Leal going to Purdue just because he lives in the same state.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You are awesome.  I appreciate that you made an analogy, but are you sure that one is a fair one?  It definitely gets one's attention.