Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PF/C - Dawson Garcia to Minnesota

49 minutes ago, ray said:

I'm not sure if this was meant for Iugradman or if it was sarcasm towards my positive outlook...?

Not that I need to justify myself or my words, but...I like to pay attention to the brighter sides of life, and to not become overly negative when pondering a college basketball team or decisions made by teenagers, both of which I have no control over.  I firmly believe life is a far more pleasant experience when approached in this manner.  To each his/her own.

And my comment to Iugradman was probably inaccurate.  I was assuming he mean't if he's wrong that Garcia goes elsewhere, which it appears most believe this is the case (and therefore there would be plenty to help him eat the crow), but I misspoke if he was referring to eating crow if he's wrong about all his other doom's day predictions (in which case, most do not share his negativity).

Was meant for gradman, sorry :)

46 minutes ago, Josh said:

His this board finally warmed up to this idea?  Just a couple years ago any foreign player was described as a project on here.

Any foreign player? I don't seem to recall that. Besides, when your recent track record of foreign players is limited to Peter Jurkin and Hanner Perea it's kinda hard not to feel that way. 

Edit: go ahead and add Mr. Jobe to that list as well.

35 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Any foreign player? I don't seem to recall that. Besides, when your recent track record of foreign players is limited to Peter Jurkin and Hanner Perea it's kinda hard not to feel that way. 

It is?  Because of three people, 5 billion were characterized as the same.  I'm glad we're past that.

1 minute ago, Josh said:

It is?  Because of three people, 5 billion were characterized as the same.  I'm glad we're past that.

No, my point was that Crean only went after Foreign big men who were projects. That is why people felt that way, rightfully so. 

And honestly, I only remember a handful of foreign players that have been discussed on this board over the years. 

9 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

No, my point was that Crean only went after Foreign big men who were projects. That is why people felt that way, rightfully so. 

And honestly, I only remember a handful of foreign players that have been discussed on this board over the years. 

You and I have different memories then.  I heard the tired stereotype too much.  Because of 3 people, 5 billion must all be the same.  A foreign player is a project.  Yuck.

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

You and I have different memories then.  I heard the tired stereotype too much.  Because of 3 people, 5 billion must all be the same.  A foreign player is a project.  Yuck.

I get what you're saying with the tired stereotype. I agree with that part. I just don't feel this board has been really guilty of it, and if it has it is because of Crean's obsession with projects. Foreign or not. 

4 hours ago, monskisprodigy said:

Saw where Rabby noted that he spoke to Meyer, and he told him he doesnt know, just his best guess. Direct quote:

"Jerry Meyer told me he doesn't know, that he's making an informed prediction, which is what Crystal Balls are for"

Wouldn't take this to the bank. Rabby also mentioned that Garcia's announcement comments were taken the wrong way, and Garcia had told people last night he still didn't know. 

Sounds like Rabjohns trying to generate as many clicks as he can possibly get out of this recruitment. 

Garcia telling people he still doesn't know means he wants as many people tuning in to his announcement as possible.

Just being skeptical I guess.

4 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Peegs I'm guessing. 

Saw this also on MUSCOOPS but no mention of Rabby. Marquette boards not totally sold on Garcia to them. Guess they felt burned on the whole Crystal Ball picks when they thought they were getting RJ Davis and then all of the flips right before he committed to UNC. But then again they have been dealing with FK1 on their boards for the last 3 weeks lol!

I'm not breaking any new ground here, but my guess is Marquette. 

The main reason is when when we're getting a recruit, it seems to be pretty well-known (or at least a very, very good guess) on this site that he's coming (Langford, Jackson-Davis, Leal, Galloway). When it's not at-all certain, it seems they always pick somewhere else (Garland, Brooks, Watford, etc). 

We never seem to get the 50-50 or 60-40 or 70-30 guys -- or whatever ... 

Yes.  5 billion people were cast that way.  All 5 billion potential recruits were characterized the same way.  Except Irena here.  This woman?  Sneaky quick.  Range to 32'.   SHE isn't characterized that way, but the OTHER 4,999,999,999 potential IU signees are all projects.  Every damned one of them.

Irena.jpg.a710e0de903e289fc73ed01a7d2fc9ed.jpg

Heard she has a hella wingspan!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Don't forget about Ben Allen

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk