Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PF/C - Dawson Garcia to Minnesota

2 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

IU makes it hard to accept grad transfers so don’t expect much going that route. Yet another institutional roadblock hindering athletics success.

Reading comprehension my friend; I said NOT a grad transfer. I even put "NOT" in caps for you. A bit myopic this morning, eh?

After every Archie recruiting miss we are told that the program will be fine. Not buying that for a second. It is never good to miss out on a player of Garcia’s caliber. IU will never win a title if it doesn’t consistently land players of his ability.

Here’s the little weasel. You can tell what he is by the way he only comes out when bad things are happening.

Hi gradman!

Quick fact check, which program has landed a McDonald’s All American the last two years and is run by Archie Miller? As he said in his press conference, we’re not done apparently. Spring is a long ways away - someone else will come into the picture if the staff wants it.

Sometimes I feel like I am taking crazy pills. My understanding is that in the past three years, we have gotten our top priority (Romeo, TJD, Leal). We miss out on a player to their home state and I come here and posters act like we haven't had what I perceive as good success in the recruiting trail since Archie joined. 

We will likely have TJD next year, which probably factored into Garcias decision plus he is from Milwaukee. IF he chooses to play for his hometown, bully for him and I hope he does well when not playing IU. We criticize kids from Indiana who leave their home state to play for other programs, but can't understand why a kid  is staying home, something people supposedly want more kids from Indiana to do?

There are lot of prospects next year that we are in a comfortable position with and that are from the state. Archie has shown he is able to recruit the state at a high level and I think we are in fine shape, even if we don't get all of them (we won't).

I like using all 13 scholarship. I also like having 11 guys or so expecting to play or getting minutes one way or another. I like 8 man rotations with a low use 9th guy.

That means, it would be nice to have a sit a year type or a redshirt, ideally. Having 13 roster spots all expecting to play will lead to 1-2 transfers per season. So I guess it depends on how you want play things.

We stand at 12 now, not counting early departures or transfers.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I like using all 13 scholarship. I also like having 11 guys or so expecting to play or getting minutes one way or another. I like 8 man rotations with a low use 9th guy.

That means, it would be nice to have a sit a year type or a redshirt, ideally. Having 13 roster spots all expecting to play will lead to 1-2 transfers per season. So I guess it depends on how you want play things.

^^THIS^^

Also, though many believe (and it appears that) the writing is on the wall, until the young man makes his announcement the ship has not sailed.

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I also like having a full 13, but to pair this with the point @Stuhoo made, we could take a mid year sit out transfer since we have the space.

14 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

After every Archie recruiting miss we are told that the program will be fine. Not buying that for a second. It is never good to miss out on a player of Garcia’s caliber. IU will never win a title if it doesn’t consistently land players of his ability.

How dense does someone have to be to believe one kid from Minnesota by himself defines the direction of a program so obviously headed in the right direction?  You think if we don't get a 17 year old kid named Dawson Garcia to say "yes" to a scholarship offer from our favorite school things change?   

I don't see anywhere someone saying "it's good to miss out on him."   And by the way, how many good high school players HAVE said yes who didn't pan out?  Jeremy Hollowell?  Remember the buzz about Clifton Moore?  (another out of state big man who many - probably you - said was a really talented big man who would do well here)   Hell, even great players - we got Noah Vonleh and Thomas Bryant and never did a thing with them.

The inability to grasp a bigger picture, making a person both ignorant and narrow is no way to go through your (oops) life.  I know you're just waiting for Indiana to fail so you can come back and remind us how smart you were...there can BE no other explanation.  Your problem?  There are many much smarter.  You're just betting the Don't Pass line.  Doesn't make you smarter.  It just makes you "that guy" nobody wants to play with.   You're alone at the table with 1-2 other guys.   Enjoy your time drinking with them. 

Humbug!

1 minute ago, Old Friend said:

How dense does someone have to be to believe one kid from Minnesota by himself defines the direction of a program so obviously headed in the right direction?  You think if we don't get a 17 year old kid named Dawson Garcia to say "yes" to a scholarship offer from our favorite school things change?   

I don't see anywhere someone saying "it's good to miss out on him."   And by the way, how many good high school players HAVE said yes who didn't pan out?  Jeremy Hollowell?  Remember the buzz about Clifton Moore?  (another out of state big man who many - probably you - said was a really talented big man who would do well here)   Hell, even great players - we got Noah Vonleh and Thomas Bryant and never did a thing with them.

The inability to grasp a bigger picture, making a person both ignorant and narrow is no way to go through your (oops) life.  I know you're just waiting for Indiana to fail so you can come back and remind us how smart you were...there can BE no other explanation.  Your problem?  There are many much smarter.  You're just betting the Don't Pass line.  Doesn't make you smarter.  It just makes you "that guy" nobody wants to play with.   You're alone at the table with 1-2 other guys.   Enjoy your time drinking with them. 

Humbug!

Facts not in evidence

27 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Saw where Rabby noted that he spoke to Meyer, and he told him he doesnt know, just his best guess. Direct quote:

"Jerry Meyer told me he doesn't know, that he's making an informed prediction, which is what Crystal Balls are for"

Wouldn't take this to the bank. Rabby also mentioned that Garcia's announcement comments were taken the wrong way, and Garcia had told people last night he still didn't know. 

Where was this?

18 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I’d hate to lose this guy to freaking Marquette. If this were UK or UNC or even MSU, I’d understand.

Yeah, but I'd much rather he go to Marquette than Memphis (dirty) or Minnesota (play him regularly).