Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PF/C - Dawson Garcia to Minnesota

I've said no more high ranked recruits until Archie wins. Have a good year and we will get plenty next year for 2021 class. Time for Archie to prove he can win on court with what he has and then all will be good. If you build it they will come. 

1 minute ago, AKHoosier said:

Welp onto the next I guess. 

At least this happened in the fall, so it gives us plenty of time to target someone else for spring  who will undoubtedly include us in his final 3 and pick some other sh1tty school over us.

Certainly seems like a wash, rinse and repeat cycle

North Dakota and Minnesota border one another so who knows he may have connections, especially given he does not put many picks in at all and decided to on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This time of year North Dakota State “insiders” don’t move more than 15’ away from the furnace.

Welp onto the next I guess. 
At least this happened in the fall, so it gives us plenty of time to target someone else for spring  who will undoubtedly include us in his final 3 and pick some other sh1tty school over us.

At least a handful of 5 stars haven’t committed to other schools in the last few days..

Archie gonna have to just earn it with our guys. He likes them. I like them. Moving on now. I’m done moping.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Definitely Marquette. Archie posted a video of the locker rooms being remodeled at Cook Hall today. Looks they are putting in a drop ceiling with tiles.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Never a good idea shortening the height of a ceiling, especially for tall players - bad move by Archie

I would think Wojo would have connections with Marquette insiders as well.....but I haven't seen any of them pick Marquette yet.
Honestly, I think it's just a case at best Andrew Slater might have just a peripheral conversation and Wojo said he 'felt good' which he'd say either way.  It's really not in a coach's best interest to leak what they really feel about a player.....if they express optimism, then fans get upset if they don't sign.  Express pessimism and fans get upset and the player in question may feel unwelcome.
I'm sure that Archie felt very good about Geronimo signing but never leaked any of that info.

Umm, didn’t the coaches leak to someone we know that they didn’t fee great after the MU visit?

Another case why you should NEVER look at a recruit's decision logically.  Where they go to college is 90% an emotion-based decision.

So many factors were leading him to us:

• Better team
  • Better program in a better conference
  • Their sh1tty coach is on the hot seat
  • 2 very good players at his position transfer at last season's end
  • Has 2 really good friends on IU

So of course he goes to Marquette.

The downside to the internet/social media era is that fans get over invested in the recruiting process. We try to interpret every little thing these kids say or do and view all of it through our very biased lens. Would love to have Garcia as part of next year's team, but I doubt CAM is going to spend much time worrying about it if he goes somewhere else. Coach will simply move on to someone else. Garcia seems like a good kid with a really solid family who is making a choice that feels best for him. I don't read anything more into it than that.