Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PF/C - Dawson Garcia to Minnesota

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Re: Snow

I get the sense he is certainly tuned in. Especially in Indiana and Ohio.

I also get the sense he despises IUBB, and it’s fans, and it’s coaches, and everything it has to do with.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

That’s kind of where I’m at. I think he wants a passive fanbase. Not one that thinks for itself and shares information amongst itself. Nobody how hard he tries it’s hard for him to tell us something that hasn’t been going around social media. 

He tried to convince me that Nebraska had more potential than us in basketball. Lol.

I don’t see how anyone could think this guy is cheering for us?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He is a national basketball recruiting analyst. Why would he be cheering for IU?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Did you fall out of your chair when you agreed with him? 

Dude, when I see your name pop in a recruiting thread, I think “THERE IT IS” and rip it open. Imagine my disappointment at finding conventional snark.
you have, indeed, set a high bar.

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

He lives. 

So Chris007 do you think anybody actually knows where this kid is going?  

No I don't think Garcia knows yet. I think it's between IU and MU. I do think he enjoyed our visit more but the distance to MU is more appealing probably. So we'll see. I still like our chances

14 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

No I don't think Garcia knows yet. I think it's between IU and MU. I do think he enjoyed our visit more but the distance to MU is more appealing probably. So we'll see. I still like our chances

That’s always been my concern. Yeah 5 hours isn’t a short drive but definitely close enough his parents can drive for the weekend games 

I think it's quite obvious to say that no one knows where Dawson will go, anyone claiming they know, is likely lying. If this goes past the early signing period, I'd feel way worse about this whole recruitment. Gives more time for Minnesota and Memphis to develop relationships, and if I'm being honest, Minnesota would have a really, really good shot there. Here's how I see it,.

Decides in the next couple days= Good for Marquette

Decides around the 20th= Good for IU

Doesn't decide soon= Good for everyone else

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

Man, I’m bullish on this one. I think it’s been IU for some time. 

I have no sources beyond my own bias. Which is significant, lol. 

I think he likes our program the best. I think there’s enough connection (Ostrom, Race, Leal and Galloway) to make it easy. I think the absence of another 4/5 in the recruiting class helps, as does the presence of older guys to handle the 5 his freshman year. None of these programs are doing that great right now, so I don’t think he’s concerned with that. And that interview by Brent Tipton just felt very pro-IU. He really didn’t seem interested in talking about the other schools. But for IU he did, listing coaches and players by name and saying it felt like home. Reports are that his parents were engaged and enjoyed themselves. 

Of course he may choose Marquette. He and his family have been great through the whole process and so I’m sure we’ll wish him well. 

...be a lot cooler if he came here though. Let’s stack talent all over the roster. I can’t wait for us to maintain a top 10 rank through a season. 

Like a quip from Rabby. Stated that when Garcia's father walked into Assembly Hall he felt goosebumps. As many times as I have been there, I still feel the same. Also stated that there were fans when they pulled into the parking lot that knew who they were and every trip off campus ditto.