Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PF/C - Dawson Garcia to Minnesota

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

Nice pic. But isn’t Garcia supposed to be something like 5 or 6 inches taller than those kids?

Well, in the pic he looks a few inches taller without shoes so I would say 5 or 6 inches is about right?  Also, not sure how long ago it was taken.

This is a really good piece of video. Dainja is a top 50ish kid going to Baylor and he gives Garcia all he wants. Not just a highlight clip, shows some stuff that Garcia will need to work on, particularly lateral movement and core strength. But, man, is he a skilled kid. At 1:15 he takes a rebound and throws a full court outlet dead on the money with his off hand. Don’t see that every day. Shows range, handle, can pass off the dribble. Love him.

This is a really good piece of video. Dainja is a top 50ish kid going to Baylor and he gives Garcia all he wants. Not just a highlight clip, shows some stuff that Garcia will need to work on, particularly lateral movement and core strength. But, man, is he a skilled kid. At 1:15 he takes a rebound and throws a full court outlet dead on the money with his off hand. Don’t see that every day. Shows range, handle, can pass off the dribble. Love him.
Could see him as a 3 TJD at the 4 and Brunk at the 5

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, maharkn said:

Could see him as a 3 TJD at the 4 and Brunk at the 5

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I’m just imagining TJD at the 5 and Garcia at the 4, giving up a little defense physically but the offense potential of a BIG center trying to stay in front of TJD surrounded by 4 shooters would be awesome to watch 

I wonder if part of the recruiting pitch is to play some 3, or at the very least emphasize with TJD and Brunk already here, he won’t have to come in and be a 5 and have to guard 5s night in and night out like he may he asked to do at Marquette

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

10 hours ago, Jboser42 said:

I wonder if part of the recruiting pitch is to play some 3, or at the very least emphasize with TJD and Brunk already here, he won’t have to come in and be a 5 and have to guard 5s night in and night out like he may he asked to do at Marquette

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That's the pitch against Memphis. Memphis is without question losing Wiseman at the end of this year, and have no idea who their center will be thereafter. 

We may lose TJD, but if Dawson arrives we will also with complete certainty have Joey and Race to bang around down low.

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

That's the pitch against Memphis. Memphis is without question losing Wiseman at the end of this year, and have no idea who their center will be thereafter. 

We may lose TJD, but if Dawson arrives we will also with complete certainty have Joey and Race to bang around down low.

Is it wrong that I am disappointed we EVER have to have a strategy to recruit against Memphis?    I don't care who their coach is....Memphis is in a shitty conference (and I know there's decent basketball, but it's also Kelvin Sampson's conference; and the bottom is just awful), has no meaningful history, isn't a college town, is really doing not much more than playing up the NBA angle, and plays in an NBA building.   Completely different program than Indiana and a completely different experience.   Not sure why kids would have the same two schools on their lists.  I have about as much use for Memphis as I do for Kentucky.