Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PF/C - Dawson Garcia to Minnesota

I have heard he is expected to announce in November.  Does any body know if that might mean he plans to announce and sign?  Announce and sign in the late period?  Perhaps announce BEFORE the early signing period?

I have heard he is expected to announce in November.  Does any body know if that might mean he plans to announce and sign?  Announce and sign in the late period?  Perhaps announce BEFORE the early signing period?

Announce and sign in the early signing period seems the most likely according to most of the people covering his recruitment

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This feels like another case where we all get excited about a recruit that IU gets in on late, takes an official visit, then goes somewhere else.  It's been quite a while since we've won one like this for a top 50 guy from out of state.

I can't help but feeling like I'm getting my hopes up only for him to choose Marquette.

This feels like another case where we all get excited about a recruit that IU gets in on late, takes an official visit, then goes somewhere else.  It's been quite a while since we've won one like this for a top 50 guy from out of state.
I can't help but feeling like I'm getting my hopes up only for him to choose Marquette.

Yeah but have the previous out of state players had buddies that were already committed to IU in their ear about joining them? I can’t recall that being the case and in today’s day of recruiting that makes a difference.

What did I miss? Did he commit to Marquette?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

People joked earlier in the week that the winner of the scrimmage gets Garcia. Marquette won the scrimmage.
Garcia will be at IU this weekend for an official visit

I'll be shocked if he picks IU

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I won’t be, and I’d hold any opinions until after his official this weekend. Archie has been doing quite well as a recruiter and there’s definitely legitimate interest from Garcia.

In general, my sense is that there seems to be some good juju going on in the program with TJD, Armaan, and Brunk in the fold and after the commitments of Leal, Galloway, and Geronimo.

Hope so

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk